• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Cal 56 SB stock replacement

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwarns

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently purchased this smoothbore; unfortunately it arrived with a crack from the lock diagonally to almost the trigger guard. I can’t tell how deep it is but even if it’s shallow it makes me nervous. Is anyone selling replacement stocks for this gun? If not will a stock for another model work?

I recently purchased this smoothbore; unfortunately it arrived with a crack from the lock diagonally to almost the trigger guard. I can’t tell how deep it is but even if it’s shallow it makes me nervous. Is anyone selling replacement stocks for this gun? If not will a stock for another model work?
If I were you I would contact Thompson Center & ask them about stock replacement, cost etc. I am assuming this is a second hand purchase? Broken stocks have been repaired for hundreds of years by wrapping the stock in rawhide. Without seeing your stock & will not comment on the suitability of repairing it in such a manner, you are the best judge of that.
Regards, Keith.

If I were you I would contact Thompson Center & ask them about stock replacement, cost etc. I am assuming this is a second hand purchase? Broken stocks have been repaired for hundreds of years by wrapping the stock in rawhide. Without seeing your stock & will not comment on the suitability of repairing it in such a manner, you are the best judge of that.
Regards, Keith.

Thompson Center no longer has parts (including stocks) for this gun.

According to T/C a renegade stock will not work. However by the time I got their email I had already ordered one. Guess what they were wrong it fits perfectly, thank you for the advice.

It's the barrel size that matters. The 56 smoothbore uses a 1" across the flats barrel, the same as a Renegade. So a Renegade stock will fit your 560smooth bore barrel but a T/C Hawken with its 15/16" across the flats barrel would not be an exact replacement unless it was built for a 54 caliber rifle or a 56 caliber smooth bore barrel.

Latest posts

Back