• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member, looking for advice on an old Thompson Center Renegade SB 56 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Mass!

I’ll have to check, I may have a manual.

Where are you? You can get traditional MZL’ing supplies up at the Hunter’s Rendezvous in Pepperell, MA.
Good to know, thank you! I'm just east of Worcester. BTW, I did download a generic manual and I think that I can apply comments from the forums here to fill in any blanks.

welcome :thumb: , dont know i you are aware but that gun was originally made by t/c for ma. hunters because at the time you could only use smooth bore for deer hunting in your state..

I think you've already found links to what you need but just keep in mind that black powder is really very basic and the same procedures and loading charts are similar to many BP arms. All have barrels locks and triggers but the details of each will vary from manufacturer and arm.

I'm in the burbs just east of Worcester. So you love yours, awesome. Seems this is a quality piece, as I am reading more and more posts about it. Opens up a new world to me. Just gotta find a place to shoot it! I have a revolver, a pistol, and three 22 rifles, but this is a whole other breed, it seems. I want to shoot it outdoors, not in one of these unnatural indoor ranges, LOL!
I’ve got a range out back on my farm.
You’re about an hour ish away.
PM me and I bet we can work something out

I used to own one, it was ok as a smoothbore with shot. I think they were a cylinder bore, i used #4 n #6 shot. Mine shot prb's in a 3" group at 50 yards. I never shot over 80 gr of 2 f through it with prb. I am thinking mine shot well with shot using 60-70 gr of 2 f.

I'm in the burbs just east of Worcester. So you love yours, awesome. Seems this is a quality piece, as I am reading more and more posts about it. Opens up a new world to me. Just gotta find a place to shoot it! I have a revolver, a pistol, and three 22 rifles, but this is a whole other breed, it seems. I want to shoot it outdoors, not in one of these unnatural indoor ranges, LOL!
I have one . It's a great gun shot a bunch of Massachusetts deer with it. And one vermonter. Some of the biggest mass deer are in Worcester. 550 round ball
.10 patch over 80 grn ffg Swiss.

1st: Welcome from California.
2nd: I envy you your 56.
3rd: Brunswick Stew, Venison, Waterfowl, Upland Gamebirds, Moose or Bear all are within the capabilities of the TC 56 Massachusetts smoothbore.

Check out wheretoshoot.org It shows many ranges all over the USA.

Latest posts

Back