• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson center SB renegade value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My neighbor is thinking of selling a .56 cal Thompson Center Renegade smoothbore. He asked me what it’s worth but I don’t know much about that particular arm. Google told me there was a limited run. But I don’t know if it holds collectible value yet. He sent me some pics and it is in great condition, he says the brass has been gold plated. I was thinking 350 - 500. I think it would be an asset for SB shooting where rear sights are allowed.

Attachments

• 238AA278-51E7-4ACA-AC21-9F43BA32652D.png
    238AA278-51E7-4ACA-AC21-9F43BA32652D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • A1FD4E7E-301F-42CA-9260-2EC74FC6A3BD.jpeg
    A1FD4E7E-301F-42CA-9260-2EC74FC6A3BD.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 0
the barrel alone is worth about $200, maybe more, full gun....$400+, if he has the .54 rifle barrel also, probably about $500-600.

Not like they are making any more. It was a small run.

I have one and it is my favorite all around.

It's worth the same as any other Renegade, around 250 to maybe 400 depending on condition & how bad you want it.

I am not aware of any T/C Renegade with brass trigger guards, butt plate, thimbles, brass key and escutcheons. The Renegades I am aware of have black hardware. In my opinion, gold plating would not add any value to the rifle. @bubba.50's price assessment is in line with my valuation.

I am not aware of any T/C Renegade with brass trigger guards, butt plate, thimbles, brass key and escutcheons. The Renegades I am aware of have black hardware. In my opinion, gold plating would not add any value to the rifle. @bubba.50's price assessment is in line with my valuation.

Yeah, the attempted ‘bling’ is a minus in my book too.

The photo's demonstrate that the rifle is not in original condition, thus very likely a composite of several other models available.
"Gold Plated", yeah, right.
The barefoot hillbilly already told ya what it's worth,,

I suppose someone could have gold plated the original parts. Can't tell from pics if it's gold plated or TC Hawken parts in brass. Either one doesn't add value to the gun, in my humble opinion.

People do seem to be fond of these guns.

Gold plating wouldn't be a plus in my book either. Hold a magnet to the trigger guard and find out. If it sticks, it's steel with some sort of coating or plating. I can't see the butt plate in the photo, but it looks like (from what I can see) the steel renegade part. If it's gold colored it definitely was coated. I'd guess brass plated rather than gold, but who knows?

It was originally sent out for brass plating but got lost in the shop. The shop owner later found it and was very apologetic, upgraded it to gold plate. If you check the buttplate closely you can see some is worn off at the top. Not trying to argue it’s value just describing a unique feature of this particular piece.

The magnet trick would work. It won't stick to brass.

In the end, even if gold, I don't think that's going to add value. You may find someone who likes the unusual look and is willing to pay a little extra for it. Best thing to do is pick a price, post it, and see what happens.

Back