• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The time is getting near

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg

Cannon
Reaction score
This little guy has been hanging around the back field with a few of his young friends 1-2 year olds and has got the blood pumping about the upcomming season, he will likely be a 3x3 when the moss rubs off two of the points are really flat now,can't hunt them here in town but am considering a live trap that fits in the back of my Ranger for more appropriate relocation, the coat on this one and a couple of the others actually looks good this year maybe a sign of good things to come?
DSCN0052.jpg

Good photo...

Yes, getting closer...if it wasn't for today's 102* temperature and 115* heat index I'd be a lot more excited LOL.

But dove and early goose seasons get the juices flowing for fall hunting here the beginning of September, then squirrel and deer start late October and run through year end.

I've got 8 days til squirrel season :grin:. I may start Wednesday though by going to a public place in MO who's season's been open since May. That's a good thing about living in the crossroads of 2 other states. I can be in Iowa in 2 minutes and Missouri in about 3 or 4 minutes. So when's your deer season start TG?

2011-2001.jpg

this is one of many i have my eye on this year. cant you tell his is just begging to de-virginize the gpr.

You dont want to live trap one...take it from me... we have caught several in hog traps and it isnt fun. Really stresses the deer. Opening day of bow season in 08 we caught a 8 pt in hog trap and it wasnt fun letting him loose...he kicked my dad in the knee for his trouble. We once caught 3 small does in one trap... all the same size. Seeing those pics has me really wanting to be at the farm... good thing I am going up there Sunday to do some chores... this heat and drought is killing us.

luie b said:
I've got 8 days til squirrel season :grin:. I may start Wednesday though by going to a public place in MO who's season's been open since May. That's a good thing about living in the crossroads of 2 other states. I can be in Iowa in 2 minutes and Missouri in about 3 or 4 minutes. So when's your deer season start TG?

I have one tag that is good down here in the valley that starts Sept 1 and runs thru the end of Feb 2012 the other tag is good Oct and Nov down here and for two weeks in Nov in the Costal Mts.I really do not like to hunt in warm weather so it is hard to resist the temptaion for the early hunt, I usually go but hold out for a nice Buck then get serious when the rains and the rut start

Back