the smell of Black in the morning!

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

deerstalkert

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
spent the morning shooting my 54 hawken's . one at this months fun target. shooting at is operative. my bride of 51 years comes into the kitchen, where i have been lovingly swabbing barrels and thinking, Boy i love the smell of BP!, and lovey says, boy that stinks!. might not make 52. somethings a guy can't look past! :horseback:

wb78963

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I LOVE THE SMELL OF BLACK GUNPOWDER SMOKE IN THE MORNING!
IT SMELLS LIKE FUN
but that is just me
Bunk

Justin.44

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE the smell of black powder, sulphur, and ballistol and my family hates it, so I know when it's time to clean I'm gonna get plenty of alone time. I'll turn on some Duelist1954, BPMS, Black Powder TV, Blackie Thomas, etc.. on YouTube and inhale all those wonderful aromas.. It's great! :thumb:

Ponderosaman

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have always cleaned my modern guns in the house and took the barrel of my just fired Pedersoli in the living room. First time cleaning it. Got booted by the boss. Sent me outside. Beautiful day though. Honestly might always clean guns outside now. She said that it smells like farts.

Eutycus

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I thought y'all might be talking about coffee when I saw the title. Only kidding they both smell great.

excess650

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I never minded the smell of BP unless it was combined with Ballistol. THAT smells like an outhouse in August.

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I too am banned from cleaning my guns in the house. But that's ok because then the wife doesn't see how many rifles I actually have. She has yet to notice that my Traditions Hawken Woodsman somehow morphed into a $4000 custom flintlock.

Reaction score
The sweet smell of Ballistol, some guys love the smell of Hoppes, but when I smell Ballistol it only can mean that good times were had, or are getting ready to happen. How can that be anything but a good thing.

RJ

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am one of the lucky ones, have always cleaned my rifles in the house. If nice out, then on the back deck, otherwise on the kitchen table. My bride of 54 yrs just stays away.

kje54

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
the smell of Black in the morning!

The smell of purple in the morning........

I don't realize colors had smells.......... :dunno:

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
I never thought that much about the smell of black but never have cleaned one in the living room. I've cleaned barrels in the kitchen and received not a bit of flak about it. For a long time I've had a basement shop and cleaned the sooty barrels there with no complaints from management. The only things I've heard comments on are turpentine or other volatiles.