• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

the smell of Black in the morning!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
spent the morning shooting my 54 hawken's . one at this months fun target. shooting at is operative. my bride of 51 years comes into the kitchen, where i have been lovingly swabbing barrels and thinking, Boy i love the smell of BP!, and lovey says, boy that stinks!. might not make 52. somethings a guy can't look past! :horseback:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF BLACK GUNPOWDER SMOKE IN THE MORNING!
IT SMELLS LIKE FUN
but that is just me
Bunk

I LOVE the smell of black powder, sulphur, and ballistol and my family hates it, so I know when it's time to clean I'm gonna get plenty of alone time. I'll turn on some Duelist1954, BPMS, Black Powder TV, Blackie Thomas, etc.. on YouTube and inhale all those wonderful aromas.. It's great! :thumb:

I have always cleaned my modern guns in the house and took the barrel of my just fired Pedersoli in the living room. First time cleaning it. Got booted by the boss. Sent me outside. Beautiful day though. Honestly might always clean guns outside now. She said that it smells like farts.

I thought y'all might be talking about coffee when I saw the title. Only kidding they both smell great.

I too am banned from cleaning my guns in the house. But that's ok because then the wife doesn't see how many rifles I actually have. She has yet to notice that my Traditions Hawken Woodsman somehow morphed into a $4000 custom flintlock.

I never thought that much about the smell of black but never have cleaned one in the living room. I've cleaned barrels in the kitchen and received not a bit of flak about it. For a long time I've had a basement shop and cleaned the sooty barrels there with no complaints from management. The only things I've heard comments on are turpentine or other volatiles.

Back