• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Glad to have found this group!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I go by Gibby and I retired recently. Been actively shooting since age 6, handloading since age 16 and been shooting for fun, a little hunting and a lot competition at all levels. I'm an NRA life member and have shot just about everything but cowboy action, black powder and sporting clays.

I was looking to scratch an itch to do something different and percussion revolvers looked like a lot of fun to shoot and tinker with and I decided to give it a try and slow things down a little and smell the gunpowder. I have a replica 1851 Navy London coming in today and soon as I can find caps i plan to start playing. I have spent days looking locally and online for caps and looks like I'll be looking at this little revolver a while before I ever am able to fire it. Poor timing on my part. I have thousands of shot gun, pistol and rifle primers but nary a single percussion cap. I had no idea there was a shortage of caps, but i'll find some somewhere and load up. Very frustrating to have a new revolver and can't shoot it.

Anyway, glad I found this forum and will likely call upon the experience in this group for guidance since I don't have any experience with percussion firearms but am look forward to learning and enjoying a slower pace and no stress from travel and competition.

gibby

Howdy, Gibby, and Welcome from The Woodlands.
1693259212944.png

Yeah, your timing is a little off. Caps are out there, but be VERY careful of online scammers that make authentic-looking websites and take your money without recourse.
There are lots of threads on here about caps and scammers. Search for threads and prepare yourself.
Even experienced shooters have been scammed by online sites that looked legit.

Some folks are finding caps at Wallyworld, but I've not been able to.

What part of Central Texas are you in?
We spent a weekend in Wimberly recently, and I was reminded how much I love the Hill Country.
The Woodlands is melting between Houston and Conroe, and I've been watering trees for a month and a half. I know y'all are in the same boat. We saw that big fire north of Wimberly, and it was incredible, how quickly it spread!

Keep us posted on your cap search, and show us photos of your shooting experiences.
And if you have questions, just ask. Lots of folks shoot revolvers and have solved the problems that you will encounter, and they will be happy to tell you what they did.

And if some of them seem cranky, they are, so take them with a grain of salt.
Geniuses are often a bit insane.... :thumb:

Glad to be here. I'm over in Burnet, about 60 miles west of Austin.

I agree with the scamming racket. Almost took the bait last night, but the numbers didn't add up, especially when no one else had any caps, that I was able to find. Now scammers are coming out of the wood work and as many of you said they have some really legitimate looking sites. The big red flag for me was they didn't take credit cards. What scum these excuses for people are.

A friend is looking to see if he has any left from his stash from years ago to get me going and in the meantime the search goes on. I did find some RWS 1075 but they wanted $45/250 and a $40 hazmat.. I'm not that desperate.........yet. :)

Back