• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Suffolk, UK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinworm

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I have been shooting black powder for under two months, and I absolutely love it! I am in two clubs, one of which is BP specific - and a nicer bunch of blokes you couldn't meet. And on Sunday mornings my partner and I go to another club, quite a lot further away, where we are both probationary members, shooting mainly .22, but there is also a very friendly crowd of muzzle loaders, who have made us very much at home. Indeed, one old boy has just given me a Navy Arms Remington! Another shooter is having it put on his licence, to keep for me until I have my own FAC. Here in the UK we have a fairly long-winded process to get licensed, but that is fine by me. In the meantime I find everyone in both clubs very willing to let me shoot their guns. I have shot various Colt revolvers, a Remington, Enfield P1853 three band, Martini Henry cadet, some long muskets, a couple of Winchesters etc etc

Welcome from NW Cambridgeshire! Me, I do NOT like the UK's ludicrous gun laws, but like anybody who wants to shoot a real firearm, I have to obey them or stop shooting. There seems to be a growing number of folks from this side of the Great Water - South Welsh shooter and re-enactor Gwalchmai joined us last week.

For me guns are for sport and historical and technological interest. We will have to agree to disagree about our different gun laws; we don't need to like each other's laws. I think it is largely a cultural difference; we have different histories. But we can enjoy what we have in common - our love of black powder.

Hello Everyone
I have been shooting black powder for under two months, and I absolutely love it! I am in two clubs, one of which is BP specific - and a nicer bunch of blokes you couldn't meet. And on Sunday mornings my partner and I go to another club, quite a lot further away, where we are both probationary members, shooting mainly .22, but there is also a very friendly crowd of muzzle loaders, who have made us very much at home. Indeed, one old boy has just given me a Navy Arms Remington! Another shooter is having it put on his licence, to keep for me until I have my own FAC. Here in the UK we have a fairly long-winded process to get licensed, but that is fine by me. In the meantime I find everyone in both clubs very willing to let me shoot their guns. I have shot various Colt revolvers, a Remington, Enfield P1853 three band, Martini Henry cadet, some long muskets, a couple of Winchesters etc etc
Welcome from West Sumter County Florida

Welcome. You bring back memories. I built my son his first rifle from a Martini Henry Cadet. If I remember correctly that is a .310 Greener. Made a nice little beginner's rifle. Loved the UK back in 1963. Polecat 🦨

Thank you all, Gentlemen.

Dale, I have now fired Martini Henry in .22 and something round 357 (must check). the cadet rifle I shot was made for the Australian army and had a kangaroo engraved on top of the breech.
BTW, I was born in 1963! What brought you here?

Back