• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Gunworks English Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chasseur d'ours

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any personal experience with the The Gunworks in Oregon?

I'm curious about their English rifle they make.

Thanks!

while I dont have experience with that rifle, I have however dealt with them numerous times. Never a hitch, never any misrepresentation.
Definetly a good shop. Have been in the store twice....there webpage is miniscule compared to the real facility.

I don't know about the rifle? I do have one of their English Flint Pistols. This is a very fine gun. The wood is well finished and the barrel was very smooth from the start. I think some one had a post on here that these were the original Bill Large Barrels. I don't know maybe some else knows for sure. :thumbsup:

I had them made my Hawken .54 cal rifle and my Hawken .54 cal pistol back in 2001/2002. They did a great job on both pieces. I have delt with Joe and his shop since then and I am very pleased with anything I have received from them. Great and honest service.
Billk

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I've known Joe & Susie for many years, always been treated very fairly in trades and purchases. Recently completed an "AMERICAN FOWLER" from parts, lock, stock, & barrel. I have held one of the ENGLISH RIFLEs that they build and it was beautiful workmanship throughout, all metal was tight to the wood, they use excellent parts, and have great wood. When I build another gun it will likely be the ENGLISH RIFLE, if I can persuade Joe to sell me the parts. Thier shop is full of works of art in old original guns of all types and a good selection of the newer traditional Bp guns. Get a paper catalog and do the Christmas shopping early. :thumbsup:

i live in west australia and have delt with joe and suzy, and can say they are great people to deal with. nothing it is to much trouble service is there golden rule, and that is wot you get gold service.
bernie :thumbsup:

Back