• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The doe stopped broadside at 45 yards

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me down as another one who uses a frizzen stall when sitting. I have the senior moments as well. And of course I have forgotten to take it off only once on a nice doe. :cursing:

Dave

Here is the inside of my blind, I have 4 more similar blinds around the property. There is a stand of dead cedars nearby so I cut some of them up and stacked up a log house like arrangement. This blind will outlast me.

mkZ3ebX.jpg

I have found these cheap patio chairs last forever and are pretty comfortable for the long haul. I do put a foam pad in them when I sit.

I have killed 3 deer out of this blind since I built it a couple years ago, two does and a 7 point.

I do the same thing with my lock when hunting; yes, it's an old man safety thing. Nice doe. I tried a 40 yard shot on a doe just the other day but didn't realize she was behind a screen of brush until she ran. No telling where the ball went.

I used to hunt out of blinds, like that. I'm inspired to set up a couple of those, myself.

I don't like taking a flintlock, into a tree stand, and I've done just as well, in that style of blind.

Bow saw's in the truck.

Congradulations and thanks.

Murdered a small oak a couple years ago myself. Ball deflected down and hit almost squarely between the little buck's four hoof prints and sprayed his tummy with dirt and leaf debris. That boy may still be running! :rotf:

Cooking them in a crock-pot for about 15 hours can soften them up to a chew-able condition.

If you serve it to guests, after they've managed to swallow their serving you can always ask them, "Wood you like some more?"

:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric,
Mike Horton,who used to own The Nocking Point,has a piece of a sapling that he dead centered with a broadhead hung "proudly" on the wall out in the shop. :grin:
You are in good company... :wink:

I have a small white oak trophy, like that. My son-in-law, made a duplicate and gave it to me for Christmas that year. :metoo:

Back