• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Testing My Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Getting ready to go out in snow and single digits.
20240115_104611.jpg

only way i can brace these temps is in a carhart blizzard coverall's. black. with wool sweaters and long johns . and heat packs in my pockets. and a wood stove within 4 feet!
do you have a pattern for those moc's? are the pants lined?
they look like something my great uncle always wore! nice!
We will see how far from the house I get. 😆 I bought all of it pre-distressed. I have on thermal underwear. Cheating, I know. Mocs are double soled with felt insoles. Too busy to make my own at this time. Might start making stuff once my new shed/shop is set up.

should you forego the thermals it might be very easy to transition!:D:D:D:D
i have on quilted jeans, sorrels with smart wool socks, two long sleave shirts a carhart quilted jacket, a rabbit skin hat with ear flaps, and i am still worried about my boys!
-9 degrees today. frozen plumbing all up and down the mountain. going to shut off my phone.

Buckskin is a magical material
Hot when it’s hot
Cold when it’s cold
Turns to snot when wet
Kinda of
It breaths in away that commercial leather can’t so in hot weather it’s much more comfortable
And it insulates better then leather so in cold it’s a little better
It is a great wind stopper
Wool leggings make a world of difference
Historically we see Indians dumped skin as soon as cloth became available
Pull some heavy blanket woolen leggings over those and you’ll stay comfy south of the Arctic, or Minnesota but I repeat myself 😊
Have several moccs because wet feet in cold weather is deadlier the Alac Baldwin

Back