• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Targets From Shooting Today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisHarris

Sharp Shooter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Spent the afternoon killing paper targets with my TC .45 rifle. I bought the rifle used. I'm guessing at least 25-30yrs old. Has not been shot in probably a decade. I tore it apart last week and cleaned it. Went to the range not knowing anything about it.

Bench shooting off a rest and sand bags.
Projectiles: .440 cast lead balls
Powder: Goex 3F - 50 grains
Caps: CCI #11
Patches: blue & white striped pillow tick patches
Lube: my own redneck brew - basically Napa water soluble cutting oil mixed with water and bore butter

Started at 25yds and tried to get a group. You can see by my shot numbers that it was shooting high. I turned the rear adjustment screw the wrong way. Corrected it and put a few more rounds into the paper.

25ydsTCRifle45cal.jpg

Here is the shot order below:
25ydsTCRifle45caledited.jpg

Moved out to 50yds expecting them to drop. So I held a snerch high for the first couple shots. They didn't drop much, so I decided to let the gun do the thinking and the shots started showing up closer to the center mark if I simply held for center of the target. Amazing how that works.... :idunno:
50ydsTCRifle45cal.jpg

Moved out to 100yds. First shot was aimed dead center. Hit bottom of the white. Started aiming at top of the white after that.
100ydsTCRifle45cal.jpg

100ydsTCRifle45caledited.jpg

Went back to the 25yds range and shot my TC Patriot pistol. 45 cal barrel. First 3 shots off the bench. Rest of the shots were off-hand. I was tired and shaking quite a bit. Was 4pm and had not ate or drank anything all day. Hand looked like a parkinsons patient out there flopping around. :rotf:

Can't remember the shot order on this target. Sorry, I'm wore out.
25ydsTCPatriot45cal.jpg

25ydsTCPatriot45caledited.jpg

Should be able to shoot better with the Patriot when I'm fresh. I was pretty tired and my hand was shaking. I don't usually shake too much, but for some reason that gun felt heavy yesterday at 4pm after I had hiked up and down the firing line 4 times and out to the range 4 times. :rotf:

Good shooting - Patriot is a fine shootin' handgun. See you at the next shoot - weather permitting.

Back