• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Old English.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have never seen a T/C Old English muzzleloader until today.

I seen one in .50 cal and the barrel is completely round.

Could this be easily turned into a 20 gauge.

You mean, I think, a New Englander, and it was available with a 12 ga. barrel from the factory. You should be able to have one bored out to 20 if you want.

added: check the auction sites, I think a combo (.54 barrel & 12 ga.) was listed on one this week.

I have a New Englander in .54 cal. They also made a shotgun barrel. Sometimes these come up for sale but I'm not sure it's a straight swap. The tenon hole may have to be re-shaped to accommodate one.

It's a straight swap. .50, .54, 12ga. All will fit right on as long as they are T/C New Englander barrels.

Jethro224 said:
It's a straight swap. .50, .54, 12ga. All will fit right on as long as they are T/C New Englander barrels.

20" Tree Hawk barrels(camo) and 24" Grey Hawk barrels(SS) will also swap right over.

I have a 12 ga New Englander and hunt with it all the time...LOVE IT. Cylinder bore and thinking about jug choking it to modified to improve pattern. If you can find a barrel jump on it! You wont be sorry :wink:

I have one and love it:

TCNewEnglander12Ga-1u.jpg

I will take it to hunt camp this year and try my hand at turkey hunting with it.

Got it new in the box. a woman had it around collecting dust after her husband die. I got to break it in. $200 I gave her.

Will take it up to hunt camp next thursday and set her up for turkey. I'm really pumped up about it. Would love to take a turkey with it. Hopefully I'll have some photos of that occasion.

Back