• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My latest T/C rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_20230529_145320376_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230529_145334429_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230529_145354668_HDR~2.jpg
Today, 5-29-2023, I bought another T/C rifle, another .54 cal.
Someone has removed the bluing. I will either blue, or brown it. I did not get the ramrod with it but the seller gave me a range rod. I believe it is an early production gun because it has the lowest serial number of any T/C gun that I've seen. The stock looks like walnut.

Last edited:
Researching to figure out what to do. Spread it and inject some glue? How can I make the crack less obvious? Not intending to fool anyone as the gun won't be resold. If it functions well it is a keeper.
Anyone have a serial number close?
I found one listed with a lower 5 digit number that was bought new in 1983 so I suppose mine is shortly after1983?
Is it a Renegade?

Last edited:
@tom in nc, your rifle could be a Renegade. There's no patch box, no brass nose cap, no brass thimbles or trigger guard. What is the barrel length and is the butt plate flat?

The T/C Renegades have no brass hardware, a flat butt plate, a barrel of about 24" and the barrel is 2" across the flats.

Sure looks like a Renegade to me. Not just the barrel, but all the metal has been stripped. And the mortise edges have been sanded smooth. So you've got a blank slate to make it how you like it. They're great rifles.
Yeah, it has the look of a kit gun but no "K". Maybe a re-done stock.

I’m purdy we’ll set on the fact that my New Englander is my favorite most used gun I have. I used it for everything hunted last year except Elk and deer. I used my White Mountain Carbine for those guys!

View attachment 224702View attachment 224703View attachment 224818Today, 5-29-2023, I bought another T/C rifle, another .54 cal.
Someone has removed the bluing. I will either blue, or brown it. I did not get the ramrod with it but the seller gave me a range rod. I believe it is an early production gun because it has the lowest serial number of any T/C gun that I've seen. The stock looks like walnut.
Not only a lower sn.# but it has the snail clean out screw

I have discovered traces of red paint along the rib on the bottom of the barrel. I had seen red paint on the front ramp of the front sight. I believe some idiot has painted the whole barrel red at some point. What a moron!

As a great scholar once said “ Life is like a Box of Chocolates you just don’t know what yer going to get”. Got an Ardesa from a guy not long ago and it had duct tape wrapped around the end of the stock. He said it was like that when he got it at a yard sale. I removed the tape to discover it had been cut off probably for a kid and then as they grew pieces of plywood had been piled in and taped. Wow was all I could think. It’s a great little gun but I have to find a new stock for this Homely Critter!

Latest posts

Back