• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swapping hunts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone here who has their own property or public land that they hunt ever consider swapping hunts? Like you come stay and hunt with me on my property for what ever season you would want at no cost except for the licenses required and vice versa.

I arranged a hunt swap with some guys from Nebraska. The trade was Colorado elk on public land for Nebraska Turkey on private land.

They came out from Nebraska and we had a very successful hunt. Seven of us killed six elk the first day. We eventually got out to Nebraska and in three days I saw more turkeys than before in my entire life!

After that first elk hunt it really was no longer just a transaction. They have become family friends and great hunting partners. Trying to get them back out this fall.

I have done this. My latest was for a couple of guys from AR. They stayed at my cabin and deer hunted. My son and I were supposed to go to AR for a bear hunt. They lost their land to hunt on as it was sold and so we could not go hunting. I dont hold that against them. They were good people.

I have tried to do this in the past. I had a guy in Maine that wanted to trade a public ground moose hunt. He was going to tell me where to go, I provide cabin and private land to hunt. Did not seem like a good deal to me so I did not trade.

I traded a spring turkey hunt for a ML put together in the white, that worked out well.

Fleener

Back