• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Still cold here in Vermont

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday it was again a windy and cold day. Too cold for the range, and no ice fishing here this year.
. So… I decided to continue some leatherwork. I just picked up a nice Crockett .32 caliber percussion gun. Shoots great but it feels strange digging the tiny .310 round balls out of a plastic baggie. I have ball bags already made up for .50 and .54 and .60, so I decided to try to “downsize” my design. Worked OK, but lots of stitching. Should hold plenty of .32 rb’.
IMG_3689.jpeg
IMG_3688.jpeg

No mold for this little ball bag, after stitching I wet it thoroughly and filled it with lead shot, tamped it in with a stick to compress the shot, then let it dry overnight. Pretty thin leather, 2/3 oz at most.

Yesterday it was again a windy and cold day. Too cold for the range, and no ice fishing here this year.
. So… I decided to continue some leatherwork. I just picked up a nice Crockett .32 caliber percussion gun. Shoots great but it feels strange digging the tiny .310 round balls out of a plastic baggie. I have ball bags already made up for .50 and .54 and .60, so I decided to try to “downsize” my design. Worked OK, but lots of stitching. Should hold plenty of .32 rb’.View attachment 298596View attachment 298597
What do you consider cold my friend ,it’s -35 c with the wind hear today definitely not going shooting lol

we're not quite that cold in Alberta, was -47C earlier in the month. -25 yesterday and -20 today, warming up though.
Your along the mountains I’m in banana belt on the north east side and for some reason the coldest part of the province most of the time .By the way I miss the mountains ,also worked in your country a long time ago .👍

Back