• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SMR Photos Please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.32, 46", barrel, walnut with a little figure, Tru-oil, the sunlight made the walnut look lighter than it actually was. I sold this rifle because my 73-year-old eyes couldn't see the rear sight. I had cataract surgery a year after I sold the rifle and could see rear sights again, oh well, it went to a good home. I narrowed the comb a little and took the wrist a little further back into the butt stock as well as adding a toeplate and molding lines.

View attachment 254658

I wish I had done both of those modifications to mine, the comb is just about 1/2" too long and ever so slightly too high for me, but it was my first longrifle of the style and didn't really know it didn't quite fit me until it was done and I had shot it quite a bit. Fancy grain on a plain rifle is nice, but plain grain is also very nice, I like yours a lot.

You got that much curl enhancement from just Transtint? Wow, I'm impressed. What dilution ratio did you use?
I just add transtint to a container of denatured alcohol and keep adding until I get the color I'm going for. No set ratio, I work slow as I have only one arm that is fully functional ( old age might be another concern). I used the same tint and alcohol on all three of my Kiblers and got different results on all of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_141203.jpg
    IMG_20230709_141203.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 0
Not a great picture but you get the gist of it. 36 Kibler SMR. Cherry but without any stain or tint. Many, many thin coats of Tried and True and as much sun as I can manage. I hope to get this thing in the canoe soon and head down the river and into the trees.
May not be a 'great' picture, but that is a gorgeous rifle. :thumb:

My .32 in extra fancy maple. I can't remember what I finished it with. I'd like to add that's not my squirrel in the pic, but rather my wife's first that she got yesterday with a Marlin .22. I've been out with the flintlock a bunch but haven't been able to get my first one with it yet.

Attachments

• 20230924_121256.jpg
    20230924_121256.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back