• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smokeless powder in muzzle loaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jfaldo said:
I have to disagree they are just trying to show people that may not know what will happen in this case. Here's almost an identical video made by the president of CVA so is he a fool also :hmm: Link
Only a fool would ignore decades of writings about the perils of smokeless powder in a muzzleloader..... Only a fool would ignore the dozens of videos out there showing what will happen if you use smokeless powder in a muzzleloader. INCLUDING the one you posted.
Only an idiot would do it for their own self gratification. And only a moron would do it multiple times...

Every muzzleloader comes with ample warnings about the use of smokeless powder.
Just how stupid are people that they ignore every other message out there, but might learn from this video...... :doh: :shake:

Well I suppose there a lot of stupid people out there. Not everyone is like us and were reared with a firearm in their hands since we were able to hold it up. If I were allowed to talk about politics I could reference some of what's going there now to prove my point :youcrazy: . So if you watch any hunting videos on YouTube then read the comments from the crazies that think their steak comes only from a supermarket and that no animals were harmed in the production of it, well then?? What a video may teach someone that just needs some learning :thumbsup:

Some people can learn by listening. Many don't.

Some people can learn from reading. Many don't.

Some people don't believe what is said or written but when they can see a video that shows them what will happen, they finally accept that it could be true.
After all, they saw it happen.

The ones that learn aren't fools or idiots.

The ones that don't learn are.

Just a note. When the south was pressed for powder it at least experimented with gun cotton. One forth a black powder charge. Verne even discribed how to make it and use it in a muzzleloader :nono: so people wanted to do it for a long time.
I work in a trauma unit, if it wernt for stupid I would be out of work.

lots of accidents happen. Bad customer service by the muzzleloader uneducated is a big problem in chain stores today with the employee selling what he was told to sell the customer without any real knowledge behind it.

Plenty of accidents with muzzle loaders from forgetting to seat the ball, forgetting to ram the ball on the powder, double loading and having the second ball push up off the charge due to the air pressure built up while loading on top of that first charge ( ever load a tight fitting wad into a muzzy shotgun and have that air pressure shoot the ramrod outta your hand? boy what an experience!) .

Foolish to make videos like this? No.

Its educational and shows you that if you want to be stupid and not learn about the sport first, this is whats going to happen when/if you foul up.

Believe it or not, some guys shoot smokeless in newer muzzies that are NOT designed for it but do so because they used a reduced smokeless load that generates BP pressures. Stupid? Yup!

Poke the Pitbull to much and you are going to get bit sooner or later.

some guys shoot smokeless in newer muzzies that are NOT designed for it but do so because they used a reduced smokeless load that generates BP pressures. Stupid? Yup!

Yep. Stoopid. I suspect that thinking that reducing the amount of smokeless always results in less pressure is a fairly common - and mistaken - idea.
Pete

During the loading process,one of the stooges is pouring directly from the can of powder...
Very shallow gene pool, about to go dry.

At least he used those stupid inlines rifles!! I would hate to see a nice flintlock or caplock used in this manner.

Vomir le Chien said:
During the loading process,one of the stooges is pouring directly from the can of powder...
Very shallow gene pool, about to go dry.

Spot on, Darwin at work.

You shouldn't need a video, simple knowledge of the physical and chemical properties of smokeless vs. black powder should suffice. Ah, but then there's the millenials, they're very..... visual :haha:

Personally I am up for removing all safety devices and warning labels, on everything and letting nature take its course. :wink:

You made me think of this:

FB_IMG_1443818517126_zpsyl0bztyn.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Latest posts

Back