• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smokeless powder in muzzle loaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't this topic and comments amazing! I posted this video for opening up the eye's and maybe re-educating new AND experienced black powder shooters, as well as possibly ANY NEW person, who might be getting into ANY shooting sport, but especially those who have an interest leaning towards muzzle loading black powder shooting.

Many modern gun powders are black and maybe some new person just starting out might think that black powder is only used in the description for the color of powder used. We laugh and like to think,"what a moron or idiot", when maybe we need to help people be totally aware of safety issues of SP vs. BP.

I think that this video and the guys making it are truly trying to do just that. TRYING TO STRESS NOT LOADING SMOKELESS POWDER IN A MUZZLE LOADER!

They are not professional film makers. They are just two concerned BP shooters who have produced a film for showing what can happen and the danger of loading and shooting smokeless powder. (in some cases very excessive amounts), but never the less what can and could happen.

When I taught Hunter Safety back in the seventies I wish that I had a film like this to show my under fourteen year old students. ___ Is using smokeless powder in a BP muzzle loader a pipe bomb? You bet, and the video visibly shows the dramatic effect.

As with any movie or video posted or viewed by many of our members here. Many experts pop on the scene picking apart or commenting with their self proclaimed expertise on any subject, instead of complimenting the efforts in which the video is trying to get across on an educational basis.

Even this 'ol powder horn maker has loaded from a BP can into a SEPERATE measure at the range and away from other shooters.
(What is the difference from that can in a controlled situation) , than loading from my powder horn or someone doing the same from a separate measure and flask? I can't see any.

Rick

Rick, that whole comment is just disgustingly adult and mature. Shame on you, such trash doesn't belong on this forum. :haha:

Spence

Lighten up Francis, I agree with you.

Just commenting it's a shame more don't take the effort to get involved with and understand the activities they take up. Like I said above, if all took the time to learn the dynamics of gunpowder, a video should not be necessary.

You could look at these comments as being a form of communication similar to the video, useful, but shouldn't be necessary. :) :surrender:

Gotta love Bugs though. :grin:

Back