• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping to New York

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravensnest

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I haven't sent or received a Muzzleloader in years. Can I still buy a smokepole and have it sent to my house or is that now against the LAW.

Just buy it. If the seller will ship to you, don't worry about it unless you KNOW you are in an area where it's restricted.

Police don't often know. Gun shops? I had a shop owner tell me rifles couldn't be sent through the mail, so they don't always know. And some companies won't sell to all of NY, even if you are not in a part that's restricted.

According to the NYS Police website:

Are dealers required to run a NICS check for muzzleloader/black powder sales/transfers?​

No, that would be a prohibited use of the NICS system, and the FBI does not allow it.

BUT My FFL says this is going to change in the near future (stay tuned) and the NYS Police will start to do in state background checks on black powder firearms.

Contact the New York State Police and ask them.

I wouldnt ask them Nazis squat. first they gonna ask all your pertinent information, and put you on a watch list. Then tell you "it depends". The less they know the better.

she [our commie gov.] passed a law requiring all guns require a background check including antiques and m/l [ not airguns]. the state police could not handle the load and the law was cancelled. i was told this by the heads of the two clubs im in that run several shows a year on long island. they say they checked with everyone involved and were given that info. n.y.c. is still its own world.

she [our commie gov.] passed a law requiring all guns require a background check including antiques and m/l [ not airguns]. the state police could not handle the load and the law was cancelled. i was told this by the heads of the two clubs im in that run several shows a year on long island. they say they checked with everyone involved and were given that info. n.y.c. is still its own world.
It's going to change soon is what I've been told.

Back