• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CCI Caps - CCI reply regarding availability

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Politics of the last 30 years have made more presidents gun sellers of the year than anyone else. This in turn has shifted the demand of the market more towards modern firearms. I'd bet there are more new modern gun owners than traditional black powder owners by many times over.

The manufacturers see this growing difference in demand of the two types and, not willing to risk too much if any expansion of production are simply sacrificing a stagnant segment of the market to support a growing segment.

In their place I think I'd do it too. But, the manufacture of ML Caps and such might be a good market niche for someone looking for a retirement gig.

Last edited:
The current European conflict keeps coming up as one of the reasons for shortages but I don’t recall this happening during the Viet Nam war.

There have been press releases saying manufacturers have switched to war time production with very minimal civilian product being made.

That can work two ways.

A manufacturer can produce for government contracts and be physically or logistically limited to produce anything for the civilian market.

Or.....

A manufacturer can sign a government contract that DEMANDS they limit or cease producing for the civilian market.

There's your backdoor gun control by the leftists in power. There are a LOT of reasons the democrats and RINOs fervently want to keep Ukrain fighting Russia. "Defending" democracy is at the bottom of that list.

ALL Y'ALL need to wake the hell up and realize your muzzleloader, your blackpowder, your percussion caps, your parts, and your pieces, are NOT at the top of any manufacturers priority list because there are NOT enough of you to even matter anymore.

There nearly 200 million gun owners in this country fighting over what little ammo and reloading supplies get sent to the civilian market. Do you really think a couple or three hundred thousand traditional muzzleloaders even show up on the radar?

Money and contracts rule the day for the manufacturers that are even left after the plandemic, and we are sh!t out of luck folks.

My advice is get innovative. Learn to make your own stuff and quit relying solely on somebody else putting it on a shelf for you to buy. Be like the guy here that's printing his own percussion caps. He figured it out and got it done, because of self reliance. Be true to the tradition if the tradition matters to you. Be true to the self reliance of the times we honor from the past.

And for Pete's Sake, quit making posts about how bad the situation is. Everybody knows, everybody gets it. Crying alligator tears on the internet isn't going to fix it.

And without those corporations where would you be today?

Still hammering out your first ML barrel I'd wager.
Better off ! Every one of them made products for profit & the greed followed. Friend i don't to buy another percussion cap the rest of my life. I have my stuff to hunt for my freezer meat !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back