• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seneca .45 cal. to .36 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firehole

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a T/C Seneca 45 cal. and wanted to know if I get a T/C 32 cal. barrel can I interchange the barrels on the stock.

If I remember correctly, the Seneca barrel is smaller than the T/C Hawken barrel. Measure your barrel across the flats. Seneca barrels are harder to come by than Hawken barrels. May need a custom barrel.

Think I will be on the lookout for a 36 instead of a 32.
I was going to reline a .36 I had via Bobby Hoyt to a .32. I didn’t get around to doing it but thought it would be a neat gun and at that point I could change the twist rate as well. And to be honest finding a 45 and having it relined would be cheaper and easier then finding a .32, probably cheaper then finding a .36 if the price is right on the 45. What Iv liked about the Cherokee’s (don’t own one but looking to!) was an article I read on how they approached the twist rate so it could take lighter charges causing less damage on small game. My .36 shot accurately with 35 grains of 3f and just a little to hot for me, I wanted a gun that I could shot 15 or less. Bobby said he could do it no problem, so that’s possibly and option too

But no one answer or knows whether or not I can slide a Seneca .36 cal. into my .45 cal. stock if I can ever find one. Help.

But no one answer or knows whether or not I can slide a Seneca .36 cal. into my .45 cal. stock if I can ever find one. Help.
More than one person said yes, as long as it's a Seneca barrel all three calibers can be procured and interchanged as you please. Every once in a while, you can run into the hammer not lining up on the nipple but for the most part there are virtually no issues.

More than one person said yes, as long as it's a Seneca barrel all three calibers can be procured and interchanged as you please. Every once in a while, you can run into the hammer not lining up on the nipple but for the most part there are virtually no issues.
Thanks and I didn't understand that they were saying yes. Told ya I was a little slow to catch on. Appreciate you pointing that out to me.

Latest posts

Back