• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Schutzen Powder ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Today I made a couple of calls regarding what is in stock for real black powder in stock at a couple of gun shops.

I was hoping that some would have the new "Old Eynsford" powder in stock but it seems that the real black powder is limited to standard GOEX but there is one place that has Schutzen black powder.

How does this German brand of black powder compare to GOEX, SWISS or Old Eynsford( ok. this stuff is so new such a question is really a stretch)

Also, I know of three places in the southern New England area that carries real black powder.

Foster Bear Arms in Foster RI
Bullseye Shooting Supply in Woonsocket RI
Hunters Rendezvous in Pepperell MA

Are there any other dealers that carry real black powder? I am especially interested if they carry Swiss black powder or the new Old Eynsford. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

I have heard that it is comparable to Goex and KIK. I would buy the less expensive of the two at least to try it..

FWIW in my BP arms, Schuetzen shoots to the same point of impact, as does Goex, but it cleans up in 1/3rd of the time using far fewer patches! Most of this experience is with their 3Fg, but haven't noticed any issues with 2Fg either ...

I Typically shoot Goex 2f, but won a pound of Grafs (Schuetzen) 2f so I recently shot that up. It was smaller granule size, seemed to have more oomph for the same volume, and seemed to create a drier or "stickier" fouling. By that I mean I had to swab every 4 or 5 shots, where with goex I can typically get a minimum of 10 shots before swabbing is needed.

I bought a bunch of it and it shot fine once I varied accuracy loads a little. Geo. T.

i shoot both Schuetzen and KIK at the moment. both shoot great and i havent seen any big difference. schuetzen was my choice powder for a long time because it was the cheapest available. i havent shot any other brands though so i cant compare to it anything else.

-matt

Back