• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Scammed also.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT, But , But The net is always right!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if this guy (or woman) lied for other purposes (like welfare) scamming someone might open a can of worms for him, her or it. Identify theft also comes to mind. Considering the world of misinformation might one want to check their own info out?

Whenever I buy a second hand gun online I get the seller to take it to a gun shop and I call the gunshop to a) make sure it's there and b) that it's on the condition as described.

The only guns of any sort I've ever bought online have been through gunbroker.com (aside from my Kibler southern mountain longrifle, of course). Your mileage may vary, but I've been doing business there for twenty years and never been burned.

Anything is possible I suppose but the actual owner of the property at the address posted is a white male, 60s 5’10ish gray hair, lost his wife in 2019.

And has a daughter named Delissa Fawvor, listed as living at the same address.

DW

I have had very good results with gunbroker as well, that being said I don't buy from anyone with only two or three transactions and wanting a dodgy type of payment either.

Reading through the posts I didnt see where the buyer sent the PO money order via registered mail. Requiring signature ID ! not certified but registered that requires ID proof. that now sets up a serious fraud event once the person receiving it accepts it . In my years a a USPS carrier I had a few where the recipient had to show ID proof. The package was for gold coins.

PUBLIC RECORDS for 5312 Fm 365 Rd, Port Arthur TX
Facts
Built in 2010Exterior material: WoodLot size: 1.61 acresHeat type: OtherFloor size: 780 sqftCooling: CentralStories: 1
Listing info
Last sold: Aug 2006
RESIDENT HISTORY for 5312 Fm 365 Rd, Port Arthur TX
Who has lived here
Person NamePhoneMore Info
Curtis G Fawvor, 63(409) 736-1514Status:
Homeowner
Executive, Administrative, and Managerial
Education:
Graduate or professional degree
Email:
[email protected]
Delissa Fawvor, 37(409) 736-2315Status:
Homeowner
Craftsman/Blue Collar
Education:
High school graduate or higher
Kathleen Fawvor, 68(409) 736-2315Status:
Homeowner
Clerical/White Collar
Education:
High school graduate or higher

My brother in law is a Lawyer and he once told me anything over a thousand dollars is an investigational Felony but anything below that is a Misdeameaner and with a good luck. I know that’s a bummer but have you ever noticed all these Crooks keep things below that thousand dollar range.

I got scammed last year by a fellow in Florida. $350 for a Ruger Old Army. Too good to be true, I know. He asked for a USPS. Later when I knew it was a scam, I went to the Post Office and they told me there was not much to be done. I could file a complaint, but it would not come to anything.

This was off of Armslist. Later I read their "dos and don'ts" and one thing they emphasized is to never send a Money Order for a transaction. Most scams are run that way because there is very little recourse for the scammed.

My brother in law is a Lawyer and he once told me anything over a thousand dollars is an investigational Felony but anything below that is a Misdemeanor and with a good luck. I know that’s a bummer but have you ever noticed all these Crooks keep things below that thousand dollar range.
Thats Californias cut off for theft. Given inflation Crooks will prolly demand and get increase in limits.

FWIW i am thinking that a good Credit card with strong "dispute" requirements now offers more protection than a USPS MO.

Last edited:
Thats Californias cut off for theft. Given inflation Crooks will prolly demand and get increase in limits.

FWIW i am thinking that a good Credit card with strong "dispute" requirements now offers more protection that a USPS MO.
A USPS money order offers no protection except to the scammer. The M.O. is as fungible as cash.; And certainly you would not mail cash for a purchase.

A USPS money order offers no protection except to the scammer. The M.O. is as fungible as cash.; And certainly you would not mail cash for a purchase.

Heres USPS MO info from their website. Of interest is the fee and refund is in form of another MO?:

Replacing Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Money Orders
Lost or Stolen Money Orders
You cannot stop payment on postal money orders, but a lost or stolen money order can be replaced.

• Money order loss or theft may take up to 30 days to confirm.
  • Investigating a money order's lost or stolen status may take up to 60 days.
  • There is a $6.95 processing fee to replace a lost or stolen money order.
Requesting a Refund
  1. Take your money order receipt to any Post Office location.
  2. Talk to a retail associate at the counter to start a Money Order Inquiry.
  3. After starting the inquiry, you will be able to check the status of your money order and inquiry progress by visiting the Money Orders Application.
  4. When your money order is confirmed lost or stolen, we’ll issue you a replacement money order.

Sounds like a 90 day stint of wandering in a bureaucratic wilderness with maybe another money order at the end of it.
If he won't taker my check, I am not buying. I am patient enough to wait for it to clear before you ship. And my bank will have your endorsement and bank info on file and accessible on their web site.

Sounds like a 90 day stint of wandering in a bureaucratic wilderness with maybe another money order at the end of it.
If he won't taker my check, I am not buying. I am patient enough to wait for it to clear before you ship. And my bank will have your endorsement and bank info on file and accessible on their web site.
Curious what are the protections and fees on personal checks nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back