• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BEWARE! I got ripped off

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I did a search for percussion caps and a couple of sites came up stating the had caps for sale. The site I ordered from was discountfirearmandammo.com The had a $100 minimum. The #11 caps were $4.95 per 100. They required payment by way of cash app or Zelle. I sent $135. No shipment, no reply to phone messages, no reply to emails. There are others pulling this scam, too. I was so anxious to get some caps that I placed the order trusting them but once you send money via Zelle, there is no recourse. I got ripped for the $135 and learned a hard lesson. Hope I can help prevent others from falling for this dishonest scammer.

I did a search for percussion caps and a couple of sites came up stating the had caps for sale. The site I ordered from was discountfirearmandammo.com The had a $100 minimum. The #11 caps were $4.95 per 100. They required payment by way of cash app or Zelle. I sent $135. No shipment, no reply to phone messages, no reply to emails. There are others pulling this scam, too. I was so anxious to get some caps that I placed the order trusting them but once you send money via Zelle, there is no recourse. I got ripped for the $135 and learned a hard lesson. Hope I can help prevent others from falling for this dishonest scammer.

Not long ago, I visited a site that claimed they had BP in stock. I loaded 10 cans into the shopping cart. At check out, I found they only accepted zelle. I just left the cart open. Less than 30 minutes later, I got a call from a guy with a thick accent. He wanted me to proceed with the purchase. I asked him why he had a
las Angles address and a Chicago phone no., and hung up.

I wouldn't trust any that take payment other than protected methods
The price is dead give a way.
Look up the business address on Google Earth. If street view shows house don't do it.

Generally that's true but if you look at Back Creek Gun Shop and you'll see a farm complete with cows. Do a bit of sightseeing and you'll notice a bunker waaayyy away from the house. There's a reason, like lots of the holy black and caps. Expand your sightseeing horizons and you'll see Ft Shenandoah, the main range of the N-SSA right next door. Not everything is as it seems. Jackie is the main supplier to the N-SSA and a super nice guy.

Onlineammo-store is the same deal. Minimum $170 order and Zelle. If you don't have Zelle you can send it too a gmail account with Paypal F&F. That should be a tipoff for anyone right away. No legitimate business has you send money PP Friends and Family to a non business affiliated gmail account. I wonder how many they have ripped off?

Credit card, MO or personal check. If they don't take any or all of those 3 they are a scam. Credit card fees charged the seller are the same %age regardless of what they are selling, no discrimination there. All the business accounts I have had and still do at the bank are free, no discrimination there either. The seller has absolutely no excuse not to accept any or all 3 of those payment methods.

If the price is so good you can't afford to say no then it's a scam.

Last edited:
I saw that site and the minimum that was required last week and the spidey senses started tingling.
Maybe a wholesaler was my first thought, went through their little list at top of the page.
Nope! went to the home page and tried the next one....still didn't find any caps.... ;)

Jim, I am very sorry you were ripped off, and all of us appreciate the advice and warning.

I almost made a similar mistake. The seller’s website even had the little “padlock” icon in the address bar, by the URL. I forgot the outfit’s name, but I was looking for primers, and they had ‘em. For regular MSRP too, not a jacked up price. For me, the red flag was the simple fact that they claimed to have them in stock, when none of the better known, established dealers had them. I sent an email to a buddy who reloads and asked if he had ever heard of them. Nope.

I checked the website the next day and it had been taken down. I researched it a little more, and found they were in fact a scam outfit. I didn’t investigate payment options, but one fellow said they wanted payment by Zelle or in some sort of cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin. I know nothing about Zelle, but I know what “crypto” means and I’m not buying it.

I think the crooks know about the ammo and component shortage, and they are preying on the desperation some shooters have about finding what they need. I’m just going to have to wait it out for my primers, I guess. They’ll be available eventually, if the hoarders will stop buying them by the pallet load.

Again, I’m sorry you got burned. You made an honest mistake, but you came here and gave us all a warning. Good man!👍🏻

Notchy Bob

Yep—I know it’s a BP cartridge gun, so please forgive me, but it’s next to impossible to find .45-70 factory rounds for my trapdoor right now. One place in Los Angeles showed they had boxes of 200 rounds. I almost just ordered from them, but then I Googled the place, and a whole page of people calling them out for being scammers appeared! So I’ve now decided to learn how to reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back