• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

BEWARE! I got ripped off

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reputable local dealer where you can face to face, or gun shows with cash in hand.
No such thing anywhere near here that has any reasonable amount of BP supplies.

appalichian hunter said:
No debit, credit cards,
Nonsense. That train has long since left the station. But feel free to live on a cash-only basis if you like. You'd also better avoid any bank accounts, definitely avoid Social Security payments and Medicare (and the VA), and make sure your stash of cash is in a good safe place, maybe in your fireproof fortified bunker in the back yard.

appalichian hunter said:
the day is coming where you will be tracked for anything you purchase in a gun shop.
Okay, then your original suggestion about the local dealer also needs to be avoided. A little confusing at this point

appalichian hunter said:
I perer gun shows pay cash and a thank you. Done that at a york Pa. show this is especially important if purchasing anything related to the un-mentionables, ammo, parts and those sort of items. We tend to think our muzzle loading weapons are rather safe not so much in todays world and only going to worsen in the future. Look at the hoops our members in the European countries have to go through. Its just a matter of time until it is the same here.
My level of anti-government paranoia isn't at this level yet, and I'm not at the "the sky is falling" stage about gun control. So I think I'll continue to use my credit cards for safe web purchases from established companies instead to riding my (unregistered) mule to some show in Kentucky (or wherever the nearest good ones are -- the ones around hear have really sucked in recent years). I can manage to do all of that without getting scammed -- which seems to have nothing to do with the government tracking me anyway, but rather with a bunch of criminals I'd actually like the government to come down on (since government does in reality have its uses). But we've all got to live in accord with our own needs for privacy and safety. :)

Why not. We can go on for ever with this ya know. Ever buy a gun at a yard sale. Seems there are a few here that do. Same situation there.

Why not. We can go on for ever with this ya know. Ever buy a gun at a yard sale. Seems there are a few here that do. Same situation there.
Once you know the item is stolen you can’t give it back, after all, it’s a stolen item. Around here you have to surrender the stolen item to law enforcement and hire an attorney. Law enforcement will also deal with who you bought it from.

Once you know the item is stolen you can’t give it back, after all, it’s a stolen item. Around here you have to surrender the stolen item to law enforcement and hire an attorney. Law enforcement will also deal with who you bought it from.
Sounds like you have experience.

No. Now, I have heard of Appalachia, and I've spent a lot of time in various parts of the Appalachians. And along the Appalachian Trail. My son walked a lot of that too. But I've never heard of Appalichia.

Where is this Appalichia trail you're talking about? Anywhere near the Appalachian Trail?

Different perceptions from different folks and geo. locations perhaps, go fish somewhere else.

Try Wickipedia it has a great description of the history, geography and location of the region which is incorporated in the areas of 14 states of the eastern area of the United States. Lots of info. Still casting.

Try Wickipedia [sic] it has a great description of the history, geography and location of the region which is incorporated in the areas of 14 states of the eastern area of the United States. Lots of info. Still casting.
Okay, so I guess you've just never realized that you've been misspelling the name of the trail (and area) all along, and misspelling it in your forum name as well. And misspelling "Wikipedia" too.

It's just that if someone can't spell words correctly -- especially ones that are so important to him -- and apparently can't even recognize that he repeatedly does this, then he doesn't seem like a very careful and reasonable thinker.

So I'm not inclined to put much weight on whatever his thoughts are on the use of credit cards, government tracking of people, scammers, how to buy guns, etc. It's just that if someone can't pay enough attention to how he says things, then I just can't bother to pay attention to what he's trying to say -- in part because what he's saying is just incoherent.

Maybe he can understand this, and maybe he can't. That's not something I can do anything about.

But maybe he might at least want to correct the spelling of "appalachian" in his forum name. But maybe not. Maybe looking illiterate is part of the social media persona he's going for. A kind of 19th century chic. At this point, I can't even tell. 😂

I like it the way it is. my take is if you do not like it ignore it. I have better things to do than banter with a shall we say a perfect person. Theres enough of those in Washingto D.C. or so they think.
Well, remember this banter? ...

Reputable local dealer where you can face to face, or gun shows with cash in hand. No debit, credit cards, the day is coming where you will be tracked for anything you purchase in a gun shop. I perer gun shows pay cash and a thank you. Done that at a york Pa. show this is especially important if purchasing anything related to the un-mentionables, ammo, parts and those sort of items. We tend to think our muzzle loading weapons are rather safe not so much in todays world and only going to worsen in the future. Look at the hoops our members in the European countries have to go through. Its just a matter of time until it is the same here.

You didn't have "better things to do" than throwing that nonsense out without any thought, and trying to turn a problem of scamming into an incoherent political rant about government "tracking" and managing all your transactions in cash -- which I'm pretty sure nobody believes you do, if for no other reason than you can't get and use internet access on a cash basis and without divulging your personal information. And I sure will ignore it. But it deserved a little highlighting for its arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back