• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Warning: Possible Scam

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADK Bigfoot

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I had posted a Wanted for a Charles Moore Flintlock Pistol. Received a response from "Buggybrain" Saw the red flag warning and did "due diligence" with extensive contact, exchange of pictures, and contact information. Arrived at a deal and I sent a Postal Money order. Was sent to address in Dallas, TX,

"Sounds good, here is my address

Name;
10951 Stone Canyon Road
Building 7
Dallas, TX 75230
Kindly send me a screenshot of the receipt once you make the payment and a tracking number Once everything is confirmed and I ship on the date of arrival I will get back to you with the tracking number information Thank you and it is great pleasure doing business with you"

After sending payment, and confirming it had arrived to the address, received a request to mail the pistol in a few days due to a work conflict.

"I’ll need to plead with you because I’ll have to make the shipment of the pistol Friday, I’m out of town till Friday. I was assigned to Ohio to supervise a project. I apologize for the delay please be patient with me. The package is still in my mailbox and I haven’t checked it yet.I agreed. I have not received Tracking or a shipment as promised."

This may be a legitimate delay, and it may work out. But until it does, be wary of any contact from Buggybrain or Lester Davis. I will advise if this clears up.

ADK Bigfoot

Last edited by a moderator:
My FWIW?:
In this day of NO MORE Phone books, it's still possible to find an old one (I have several), and just grab a random name and address to use in a scam
That being said I think the guy is legit (or I sure hope so) otherwise he probably wouldn't have given a name and address so easily? That would be Mail Fraud, and that carries a heavy prison sentence, but with these liberal DA's today, that might not matter to this guy?
I think, like our son did with a dog scam, I'd have asked for a photo copy of his Drivers License? That'll usually scare them off if they're scammers. I've found that asking for a photo copy of someone's DL is a grreat way to deter scams?
Either way, good luck. Keep us updated, please.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I had posted a Wanted for a Charles Moore Flintlock Pistol. Received a response from "Buggybrain" Saw the red flag warning and did "due diligence" with extensive contact, exchange of pictures, and contact information. Arrived at a deal and I sent a Postal Money order. Was sent to address in Dallas, TX,

Name;
10951 Stone Canyon Road
Building 7
Dallas, TX 75230
Kindly send me a screenshot of the receipt once you make the payment and a tracking number Once everything is confirmed and I ship on the date of arrival I will get back to you with the tracking number information Thank you and it is great pleasure doing business with you"

After sending payment, and confirming it had arrived to the address, received a request to mail the pistol in a few days due to a work conflict.

"I’ll need to plead with you because I’ll have to make the shipment of the pistol Friday, I’m out of town till Friday. I was assigned to Ohio to supervise a project. I apologize for the delay please be patient with me. The package is still in my mailbox and I haven’t checked it yet.I agreed. I have not received Tracking or a shipment as promised."

This may be a legitimate delay, and it may work out. But until it does, be wary of any contact from Buggybrain or Lester Davis. I will advise if this clears up.

ADK Bigfoot
Give it time. I was dealing with someone on this forum and in good faith send the item he wanted and was expecting a check in the mail. I waited a little while but plenty of time for him to send me a check? I found out later that he was out of town and didn't even know my package had arrived at his address. I almost started calling him a scammer. I am glad I didn't as his check arrive after he got home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been very lucky. The P.O. can be really frustrating at times. I bought a fine leather pouch from a member in CO (in im AZ) and it took 2 weeks to get the ceck to him. I hate to send priority for for a $25.00 item as that adds $7.90 to the cost. May have to do it though. Then I will send one accross the country in 4 days?

Sorry, but I believe you have been got.

I stopped bumping my wanted ad here becuase I had scammers contact me every time. They wrote in that odd English (that is just a little off...) that you posted above, and were always new members with a few posts and reactions on their profile so that they look legit. They even presented very convincing photoshopped images. I had done my due diligence and image searched the rifle I was looking for and was able to notice the images of rifles they had stolen and photoshopped onto a new background (wood floor or marble countertop). They even photoshopped in an image of a piece of paper with the date and their user name written on it.

I honestly hope I am mistaken, but all the signs are there.

Last edited:

Name;Lester Davis III
10951 Stone Canyon Road
Building 7 Apt. 141
Dallas, TX 75230

ADK Bigfoot
Same here. I have an ad in the accessories section for a Traditions flint lock and he wrote me and to me he had one, even enclosed an online pic of one. I asked if he did Pay Pal and he said yes, "Friends & Family". I told him i always do it as a payment and i include enough for their 3% fee. He said he couldn't do payments except with Venmo. I told him i don't have Venmo and that was the end of it. This is the second person who has told me that on here lately. Why would a seller not be able to do Pa Pal as a payment if the buyer pays the 3% fee.

My FWIW?:
In this day of NO MORE Phone books, it's still possible to find an old one (I have several), and just grab a random name and address to use in a scam
That being said I think the guy is legit (or I sure hope so) otherwise he probably wouldn't have given a name and address so easily? That would be Mail Fraud, and that carries a heavy prison sentence, but with these liberal DA's today, that might not matter to this guy?
I think, like our son did with a dog scam, I'd have asked for a photo copy of his Drivers License? That'll usually scare them off if they're scammers. I've found that asking for a photo copy of someone's DL is a grreat way to deter scams?
Either way, good luck. Keep us updated, please.
God bless:
Two Feathers
If this is a scam they are quite adept at maneuvering the system. Often times they will have a mule that picks up the mail for them. Many times the owners of the property have no clue the property is being used as a front for a scam. With the tracking numbers they can track deliveries and when the Fed-Ex, UPS or whoever show up intercept them and often the delivery person in good faith hand the package over or wait until it's left at the doorstep because there is no mail slot.

Not that it's 100% proof but I did a cursory internet search using Spokeo and the entire address that's contained in this thread isn't listed. Now to be completely honest I did not pay the .95 to unlock all the features listing who lives there and past residents. The other issue I saw with the copy of the email listed is when I read "I'll kindly plead with you" is not the traditional verbiage used by Americans. That screams of middle east or SE Asia (India, Pakistan etc). I'm not saying this was/is a scam because I didn't do a lot of work into it but it's highly suspect. A little more diligence and the information given can give a clear picture of the legitimacy or fraud. Part of the reason they don't care about using the addresses is because they are almost never prosecuted for mail fraud. It's difficult to determine who exactly used the address aside from the crime committed. The local DA wouldn't be the one prosecuting it as it's not a state statute it's a federal crime and would be covered by the Inspector General's office.

Just my .02 and I hope ADK Bigfoot is not being scammed. Thieves are some of the lowest forms of filth on the planet.

I have been using cash for smaller amounts. If I cant lose $25.00 I cant afford it anyway. Other larger stuff I have purchased/sold my daughter uses her paypal for me (I wont support them per their anti 2nd admin stance). That will soon end per the IRS coming after folks using these platforms so they can save the country from financial dispair:rolleyes:

Bigafoot, I sent you a message
If me I would remove the name and adress right after the deal went through with apologies, for the confusion until that time let it where it's at. If the seller turns out to be a scammer leave it up. These scammers seem to have no problem burning someone else time to turn the tables on these scumbags.

This person contacted me saying he had a TRS 1740 Potzdam musket for sale. He was asking $1500. Which is a steal for a hard to find musket. The pictures he sent were of a PAK made Potzdam. I told him that he had misunderstood that I was looking for a TRS not PAK musket, and that $1500. Was a ridiculous price for one. He told me it was a typo and that he meant $500. Dude is definitely a scammer.

This person contacted me saying he had a TRS 1740 Potzdam musket for sale. He was asking $1500. Which is a steal for a hard to find musket. The pictures he sent were of a PAK made Potzdam. I told him that he had misunderstood that I was looking for a TRS not PAK musket, and that $1500. Was a ridiculous price for one. He told me it was a typo and that he meant $500. Dude is definitely a scammer.
GESPENT32:
I agree completely. That stinks to high heaven of a scam!
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back