• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Scammed also.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he MIA, no contact at all? Can you call him? No replies to emails?

So sorry to hear this.
I recently successfully purchased a rifle on Guntrader. No issues there.

Lo, and behold several days later a scammer in Texas listed the same gun on a site called Texas Gun Trader using the EXACT same pictures from the Gunbroker listing. I’ll tell you, can’t be too careful.

I just got scammed by a Neil. Real name is Curtis Fawvor. Sent him $800.00 for a White Super 91 .451 with a scope. He wanted payment by Zelle or postal money order. Sent the money order 10 days ago.

Makes my POed

rob
I LOOKED that name up on facebook..theres a sketcy looking dude there from texas.go check it out..cant imagine he,d be that dumb..but he has pamela harris added as a friend..so probably

File a report/complaint with your local postal inspector. I don't know what their time line is these days for how long you have to wait after mailing the money order, used to be 45 days, but mail fraud cases are still investigated by the Secret Service. Postal money orders are a lot easier to trace than a personal or cashier's check.

I LOOKED that name up on facebook..theres a sketcy looking dude there from texas.go check it out..cant imagine he,d be that dumb..but he has pamela harris added as a friend..so probably

You might be surprised. I spent several years bounty hunting. It never ceased to amaze me how many people on the run post constant updates on FaceBook. We caught a fair number of them by just watching FB pages, and snatching them up when they thought it was clear to return to where they were wanted. Nearly every one of these people just "can't figure out how you got me".

DW

You might be surprised. I spent several years bounty hunting. It never ceased to amaze me how many people on the run post constant updates on FaceBook. We caught a fair number of them by just watching FB pages, and snatching them up when they thought it was clear to return to where they were wanted. Nearly every one of these people just "can't figure out how you got me".

DW
I told him I was going to call the IRS for the $800 as unreported income. On another thread someone said to get the postal inspector involved. I will do that tomorrow when I get home.

Rob

So sorry to hear this.
I recently successfully purchased a rifle on Guntrader. No issues there.

Lo, and behold several days later a scammer in Texas listed the same gun on a site called Texas Gun Trader using the EXACT same pictures from the Gunbroker listing. I’ll tell you, can’t be too careful.
I had a similar experience a while back. I bought an original Jaeger from Gunbroker with no problems whatsoever. I while later I noticed this gun listed again by a different seller name. This scamming is getting ridiculous.

I've been down this road with guys like this before. It's really hard to get a federal authority (it's inter-state mail and wire fraud after all) motivated to the point of prosecution of these bad guys. You MAY have better luck with local authorities in taking it on. Sorry to say this, but it's the simple facts these days. That's why I won't do (substantial) business with counter-parties that won't take payment in a form that can be reversed if hanky panky is involved. There's all sorts of ways these guys operate that take advantage of the unsuspecting. Caveat emptor is an old saying, but no less true today than when it was first coined.

Is he MIA, no contact at all? Can you call him? No replies to emails?
This is true; I have a friend who loaned a guy in CA a rare motorcycle poster to reproduce. My friend lives in PA. When the poster was not returned, the owner said, OK, I'm coming out that way in person and will pick it up there. (He absolutely would have done that.) Don't you know the poster was returned and the matter resolved. But you have to be all-in on doing it. Hope you guys get back your money and thanks for warning everyone.

Apart from direct persuasion, the best way to pressure him in to proper behavior is through the open market place. If money and market platforms and conduits cut him off he is out of business. (These guys are ALWAYS looking for their NEXT victim.) Apart from that, the only avenue at your disposal is to file a civil complaint. As a non-governmental entity, you don't have standing to bring a criminal complaint. And, as I said before, persuading the government in to taking criminal action against them isn't easy. The cost of pursuing civil disputes can be very very expensive, and, even if you get a judgment in your favor, collection can be an additional nightmare. It's sad, but that's the world we live in.

I've been on here since May or so, and I've bought more guns than my wife knows about, and I haven't had a single issue with any of the transactions. This new stuff really pisses me off! We were like a small town, where everyone was trustworthy, described their items accurately and truthfully, and you didn't have to be afraid of fraud.
Now, we're becoming more like a big city, where you have to keep your doors locked, hide your valuables, and be wary of everyone that you contact. We always had to be wary of the guys with the pea under the walnut shells, but that's not out-and-out thievery by fraud. It's so disappointing that these folks found us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back