• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS #11 In stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do so many of you guys fail to mention the price when you find caps ? !!!!!
That is critical information.
That’s like advertising a a rifle for sale and leaving out the price.

Five online vendors now have 1075's in stock and muzzle-loaders.com even has RWS 1081 musket caps and Remington #10. Looks like the cap shortage is over.

Why do so many of you guys fail to mention the price when you find caps ? !!!!!
That is critical information.
That’s like advertising a a rifle for sale and leaving out the price.
I think because they're is such short supply, if guys need them they need them and price is what it is. At this point with caps it's a pay to play game, not referring to inflated scalper/ gunshow prices but what the market dictates.

I need oil for my for my truck if I want to drive it. Oil isn't $.99 a quart anymore , got to pay to play in everything . I don't like it, but I can't stop it either.

The retail outlets are now charging scalper/gunshow prices.

OR are the guys that bought thousands in 2019 at the prices then are the scalpers now, and the current retailers are charging what they need to charge due to component prices driving up wholesale prices?

LD

I followed up on my email prompt form them. They can sit on them for that total delivered cost. I will just shoot less. I have a flinter in my future anywho.

I think because they're is such short supply, if guys need them they need them and price is what it is. At this point with caps it's a pay to play game, not referring to inflated scalper/ gunshow prices but what the market dictates.

I need oil for my for my truck if I want to drive it. Oil isn't $.99 a quart anymore , got to pay to play in everything . I don't like it, but I can't stop it either.
I don’t like the pay to play prices either but you’re right, the shooter now has a choice to participate or not. How many threads are there on “I can’t find caps”, “There aren’t any caps for sale”. Well here they are, the market isn’t saying you can’t participate because there is no product available anymore. The product is available, If someone doesn’t want to pay that price that’s fine, personal choice, but at least they had the choice to make. Pay to shoot or don’t.

A local LGS has plenty of RWS #11 in stock for $50 for a tin of 250 caps, high but not at scalper prices I've seen.

That is gauging. Severely. The $15 for 250 CCI is what I would call reasonable.

But we can make our own or slow down or stop shooting.

All I can say is if I find them for less I will buy there and eventually some sanity will return.

That is gauging. Severely. The $15 for 250 CCI is what I would call reasonable.

But we can make our own or slow down or stop shooting.

All I can say is if I find them for less I will buy there and eventually some sanity will return.
Dealers cost is more than that. I charge $15. for 100 CCI

I went an old shop I used to go to. He still had them on the hook for $7.99. got a Thousand. He gasped when he went to the computer to restock and realized that to him the cost from the wholesaler was now $12.99 a tin. I will never see such luck again.

I went an old shop I used to go to. He still had them on the hook for $7.99. got a Thousand. He gasped when he went to the computer to restock and realized that to him the cost from the wholesaler was now $12.99 a tin. I will never see such luck again.
That is what I have been telling people that accuse us for gouging when we charge $15.

Back