• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifle Questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is they know me to well and I've bought no less than a dozen guns of different flavors from them. The biggest problem of this whole thing is it's literally 3 blocks from my house. I'm on a stinking first name basis with 6 of the 10 employees. I need to send in a decoy kid or something.

Problem is they know me to well and I've bought no less than a dozen guns of different flavors from them. The biggest problem of this whole thing is it's literally 3 blocks from my house. I'm on a stinking first name basis with 6 of the 10 employees. I need to send in a decoy kid or something.
You could use the wife is a ‘monster’ story (assumes they do not know her) and this is all I can pay or my head ends up in a bucket while showing folding money.

Always easier when it’s someone else’s challenge. Good luck, whatever you do.

Yeah she grew up hunting. Part of her charm iny opinion. I don't have a case on hand to fit said long rifle and shed recognize a new case just as good as the rifle. No way around this one I'm just gonna have to keep it in the truck for a day or 2 and beg for forgiveness.

Yeah she grew up hunting. Part of her charm iny opinion. I don't have a case on hand to fit said long rifle and shed recognize a new case just as good as the rifle. No way around this one I'm just gonna have to keep it in the truck for a day or 2 and beg for forgiveness.
I am happy I don't need to live like that. She may raise her eyebrows when the mailman drives up with a 6 foot long wooden crate. But that's it. Neither do I comment when she comes home with her pick up truck loaded with new plants.

I am happy I don't need to live like that. She may raise her eyebrows when the mailman drives up with a 6 foot long wooden crate. But that's it. Neither do I comment when she comes home with her pick up truck loaded with new plants.
I'm the same way but I buy, sell, and trade guns to pay for the hobby. That way it's not coming out of "Bill" money.

Walt

The fact that you have already bought over a dozen guns from them should count for something. They surely don't want to lose you.

I swung by and got a few pics and asked them to hold it until this afternoon I'm going to make em an offer and see what shakes loose.

Attachments

• KIMG6391.JPG
    8.7 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG6388.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG6393.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG6390.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Finally got some info on the rifle. It was built by Phillip Brock Ackerman (deceased) in the 1970's approximately. He owned Ackerman and Company out of Saratoga NY. It was part of a collection donated to the Montana Historical Society. It shows evidence of being fired some and was even hunted with. It has a #11 nipple but I'm unsure of the thread size at this point. As I mentioned before none of the parts are serialized or marked but all are in good shape and clean.

Well I didn't really have the time but I couldn't help myself. Here she is on the range as well as the first 3 shots at 50 yards. This rifle is a dandy and I'm mighty pleased to have it. .440 RB, 50 grns Scheutzen 3F, and .015 patch. I don't know how much it's been shot in its past life but it sure does do fine now. With a little load development and some work I bet it's gonna be a cloverleaf one hole kinda gun.

Attachments

• KIMG6396.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG6397.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG6398.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG6399.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG6404.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 0
Back