• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ridiculous

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just saying what the price is today. It's for Graf's own brand.
Goex is about $ 22.00 a pound.
The hazmat fee is about 10 dollars plus shipping is about 12 bucks, I think it says.

I just bought 4lbs(2x3f and 2x2f) of Graf brand at $17.99 per lb.(4 lbs minimum),With shipping and Hazmat it was $98.03.
Got the shipping confirmation yesterday about being delivered tomorrow.

Yesterday I passed on CCI #11 Mags at $4.99 a tin. They had 3 boxes and a partial so about 3,500 caps. I shoot more flint and have some caps for revolver.

I have lost touch with the cost of shipping black powder/caps or primers under haz mat regulations. Can anyone bring me up to date? BTW I live near the ocean and have an abundance of sand available. Was thinking of filling 5 gallon buckets for those wishing to stick their heads into them from the convenience of their homes.

Last week we placed a large order our distributer. 3 long guns and 4 C&B revolvers. All were in shown in stock when order was processed. 4 hrs later got an email that none were now available an order has been cancelled Distributor apologized saying ALL his stock was bought out just prior to our order. Added there is NO restock date due to material cost issues like steel price hikes. This is happening everywhere and seems no body cares.

In reference to folks with head firmly stuck in sand (and up other areas). Am afraid we may be one of the very few that realize our hobby, the economy and our very lives are in extreme jeopardy as the US supply chain has broken and inflation is running wild.

I meant your source of Goex t 18.00. As for Graf when I ordered from them on Good Fri the house brand was 17.69 reflecting a price increase in Jan. I checked their sight just now and it's up to 18.59, OE is over 25.00 a pound.

I have lost touch with the cost of shipping black powder/caps or primers under haz mat regulations. Can anyone bring me up to date? BTW I live near the ocean and have an abundance of sand available. Was thinking of filling 5 gallon buckets for those wishing to stick their heads into them from the convenience of their homes.
Actually may be one of the very few that realize our hobby, the economy and our very lives are in extreme jeopardy as the US supply chain has broken inflation is running wild.

I meant your source of Goex t 18.00. As for Graf when I ordered from them on Good Fri the house brand was 17.69 reflecting a price increase in Jan. I checked their sight just now and it's up to 18.59, OE is over 25.00 a pound.
Oh, I can't give it out. I was given it by a member here who wants me to keep it quiet. It turned out to be not so hot though. I bought 5lbs of Goex and a 1000 RWS #11 caps. It cost me $247 to my door. He charged $69 for hazmat and shipping. I wanted what I bought and payed it but i won't buy there again.

I received a 6 lb order of powder from Graf's week before last. It was Graf brand that's now made by Goex. Also bought a couple cans of Goex from a friend and he gave me a can of Swiss 3F about half full. I'm okay for a while because I don't shoot as much as I used to. I try for once a week when 12 years ago I shot maybe three times a week.

I just saw a pound of 3F Goex advertised on Gun Broker for $67!!!!!Are ya’ kidding me?
Sorry to say , but from what i can glean from a friend who runs a sport shop , the horrendous prices are a direct result of "scalpers" , and greedy middle-men in the shipping chain who do not care about the shop or the end users , (customers) !!

Sorry to say , but from what i can glean from a friend who runs a sport shop , the horrendous prices are a direct result of "scalpers" , and greedy middle-men in the shipping chain who do not care about the shop or the end users , (customers) !!
Hopefully, they'll never sell at that price.

Back