• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex 3F on GunBroker $65 a Pound

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, needing to buy more than you want to get what you want is kinda similar. I only needed and wanted a pound, but had to buy five pounds to be able to order it online from Graf's. Other vendors similar (one was full cases only). Five pounds is going to last me a really, really long time!! At least I got free hazmat and free shipping.

GB ain't what it used to be. I've scored a lot of good deals there, but not lately with their mandatory sales taxes and fees assessed to buyers.

I have bought several guns on GB but the latest was off of "Guns International". GI is more like a classified ad site rather than an auction site.

Yeah, poor guy got ripped off.
The same seller has been selling Goex for a month. Has 1F, 2F, and 3F. States to whoever wins an auction they have the option to buy more at that price. They must have a lot of Goex to sell. The auction I listed above is the third one he sold for 3F powder and the selling price was $275 to $325 for five pounds.

Last edited:
it's the convenience factor, and the majority of you (not meant as a point of contention) don't want to be inconvenienced with the storing of more then a pound or two, or think that it will go bad. I learned to buy it in case quantity 30 years ago because my kids and i were going to at least a shoot a month plus hunting 6 people shooting = lots of powder ! and it was a pain to go and fetch it from the local supplier. i shopped around and found Deer Creek they always had what i needed for several dollars less then the local guys, money was tight with 5 kids and a stay at home wife or daycare. no i'm retired and can afford to buy what i want when i want i still purchase it by the case. 1 of my kids still shoots with me every chance his employer will allow we travel hundreds of miles each month to shoot our muzzleloaders, his siblings refuse to buy more then a pound or two at a time and then gripe when they have to pay $45 a pound. a case is still less then $30 a pound delivered to your door

Something folks do not seem to be mentionng except about the price is the complaints of no local options. Well imagine you are opening your own store. Yea I know a lot a work. So where are you going to get your BP related products as the owner? Dixie? TOTW? Log cabin? MBS? Abes? Other places? Straight to the source? Ted Cash? Pedersoli? CVA? Traditions? RMC? Goex? BP you need to buy through a dealer. So you do these things. What price are you going to pay buying from them? Do they offer a dealer discount? Reseller discount? Or will you pay same retail we pay if ordering as an individual? If these folks offer that it is less profit to them. BP distributors are charging basically the same as you all will pay. $24-25 a pound of goex. So how you gonna make money and that price does not include shipping or hazmat. What price are you paying for a ted cash capper to resell? Remember you gotta put food on the table somehow with a cash profit. Complain about the added markup? How are they supposed to feed their families. Thus they close their doors and we scramble for sources and complain. $65 is a bit much right now......future?

Something folks do not seem to be mentionng except about the price is the complaints of no local options. Well imagine you are opening your own store. Yea I know a lot a work. So where are you going to get your BP related products as the owner? Dixie? TOTW? Log cabin? MBS? Abes? Other places? Straight to the source? Ted Cash? Pedersoli? CVA? Traditions? RMC? Goex? BP you need to buy through a dealer. So you do these things. What price are you going to pay buying from them? Do they offer a dealer discount? Reseller discount? Or will you pay same retail we pay if ordering as an individual? If these folks offer that it is less profit to them. BP distributors are charging basically the same as you all will pay. $24-25 a pound of goex. So how you gonna make money and that price does not include shipping or hazmat. What price are you paying for a ted cash capper to resell? Remember you gotta put food on the table somehow with a cash profit. Complain about the added markup? How are they supposed to feed their families. Thus they close their doors and we scramble for sources and complain. $65 is a bit much right now......future?
65 bucks is three times the cost of European powder.

Screw anyone selling GOEX powder for 65 bucks when it's made right here in America.

Well, needing to buy more than you want to get what you want is kinda similar. I only needed and wanted a pound, but had to buy five pounds to be able to order it online from Graf's. Other vendors similar (one was full cases only). Five pounds is going to last me a really, really long time!! At least I got free hazmat and free shipping.

GB ain't what it used to be. I've scored a lot of good deals there, but not lately with their mandatory sales taxes and fees assessed to buyers.
I don't think you can blame Gun Broker for charging sales tax. I believe that is a federal or state regulation. It is all about the government getting their hands on more of our money. GB is just required to collect that tax.

Back