• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Re-dying clothing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd like to darken my brown trousers again. Are there any considerations to re-dying your clothing?

George said:
I'll help get you started.. take them off first. :haha:

Spence

Okay, always good to get the first step out of the way. I can see where that might be of benefit.

I don't think it would make any difference in dying the item a second time if it took dye the first time. I have refreshed my hunting frock several times (walnut) when it starts to fade. I am not so sure with modern dyes (Eg.Rit).

I've re dyed the same few shirts and knee britches in walnut dye a number of times with no problems....seems to fade to a light tan after a summer of sun and sweat...I like to darken them in the fall for winter/hunting use...

Ranger

I don't know if this helps or not I have redyed commercialy dyed BDU pants with great results using rit dye. Just follow the package directions the secert courtsey of my wife is to wash them after thay have dried in cold water and vinager it sets the dye. If you go to the Rit Dye website they tell you how to make any color you want with ratios of their standard color dyes.

Back