• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Normandy Napoleonic Re-enactors

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its going to be a classic, Ridley Scott being the great Director that he is.
Watch it on the big theatre screen, then get DVD copy when its released for later.
I'm not as convinced as you on that. Scott recently said he finds Napoleon comparable to Hitler.

200 years on and the British propaganda continues!

Vae victis!

Or perhaps in this instance i should resign myself to saying simply 'C'est la vie'.

I'm not as convinced as you on that. Scott recently said he finds Napoleon comparable to Hitler.

200 years on and the British propaganda continues!

Vae victis!

Or perhaps in this instance i should resign myself to saying simply 'C'est la vie'.

"Scott recently said he finds Napoleon comparable to Hitler." In some ways he was, but that doesnt mean everything Napoleon did was comparable to Hitler.

Thanks ! Who could forget the upcoming film 😊. Certainly well publicised.....Expect, may be able to view with English subtitles in local cinema. Meanwhile, re watching 'Sharpe'. (We live in France)

"Scott recently said he finds Napoleon comparable to Hitler." In some ways he was, but that doesnt mean everything Napoleon did was comparable to Hitler.
Well Hitler made the same major mistake as Napoleon, in taking on Russia. But Napoleon's good legacies live on today in France, whilst Hitler's are still an embarrassment.

Looking forward to the release of the film here in France. Re-enactors idolize Napoleon, and these days, as a small British contingent, we inevitably loose the skirmishes and battles.

Looking forward to the release of the film here in France. Re-enactors idolize Napoleon, and these days, as a small British contingent, we inevitably loose the skirmishes and battles.
If I could I would join you. As a fellow Brit out here in France it would not be too much of a stretch to drive up to Normandy. Problem is, a 61 year old man does not make a convincing Napoleonic age soldier no matter that I am still relatively slim and fit - unless as a surgeon or a very high ranking officer! Best to leave my re enacting days behind me. My 'service history' is that of a Union soldier in the UK branch of the American Civil War Society. Before that, as a fully mailed Norman Knight in the group Regia Anglorum. Is your group part of a wider National society? I bet there are a few Frenchmen who have personae as British soldiers, just to be different.

Latest posts

Back