• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Salvaging wool from grubby motheaten blankets?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leggings is an obvious choice

right for a "3 season" match coat
Both of these items will serve you well with the material, "well fulled." (Felting is done with the fiber before it is turned to fabric)
By fulling the material it will gain wind, rain/snow, and some brush, resistance.

Trash bags keep getting mentioned. How are people sealing them.... I loathe the smell of mothballs or crystals....
I've been using these (a little cedar, no mothballs) for quite some time...
20240321_195110.jpg

They will hold more than 2 wool blankets...
20240321_195207.jpg

20240321_195241.jpg

The only issue I have had with them is of you open and close them frequently and aren't careful to separate them at the ziploc, the ziploc will separate from the bag, but this is with frequent opening and closing.

I've had god luck with a cedar spray and air tight Hardig cases, but every now and again I find a hat or something that got lost for the summer, and its tore up by the moths.

Last edited:
I make pucker toe mocks from old blankets.
A out sole added. Takes about an hour to make a pair, and they last a month or two in the house
Even added a leather sole to a pair

Attachments

• 20240414_161122.jpg
    20240414_161122.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back