• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Questions, is it just me but I get a ton of them by PM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wondering, I get a ton of PMs from people wanting to know how to do things, very involved questions that take me up to an hour to answer, I can't type so answers take me a long time, I do have pictures that I share of everything I ever did during a TC overhaul or just about everything else involved in gun building.

For you folk out there asking, I am done, enough already, ask your questions on the forum. Another thing, about half the people who ask the questions never say a word of thanks after I give them a very detailed answer with pictures.

Even when you can type, it can take a while. Good on you for being willing to help others!

Hey, maybe you should try one of those 'learn how to type' programs. I recall when I first followed forums thirty some years ago and suddenly had a need to know how to type. That's what I did - got a typing tutorial and it really did work. And it actually was fun.

Just wondering, I get a ton of PMs from people wanting to know how to do things, very involved questions that take me up to an hour to answer, I can't type so answers take me a long time, I do have pictures that I share of everything I ever did during a TC overhaul or just about everything else involved in gun building.

For you folk out there asking, I am done, enough already, ask your questions on the forum. Another thing, about half the people who ask the questions never say a word of thanks after I give them a very detailed answer with pictures.
How rude can people get? Sheesh! They should all be very grateful and send a warm thank-you note at least.

No good deeds go unpunished! Everybody EXPECTS to get all the answers to all their questions for free on the internet these days. No one is willing to do any research or reading to enlighten themselves when they can get others to do it for them. Thank you??? You are expecting way to much. If they ask for an opinion & they don't like what you say, they get angry & call you "mean" & say you hurt their feelings.

Eric feel flattered. Many including myself follow what you post. Dont take it wrong though,,,no bromance involved....🤣

Maybe admin could post a global sticky that all questions of interest to all should first be posted publicly in the appropriate subforum before PMing any other member.

I will say everything that I type out to answer a PM I have posted here before on the forums. The search feature here really sucks, I have a difficult time finding anything.

I tried several learn to type programs years ago, I am a lost cause, I blame it on drawknifing over 250 osage staves down to workable wood with a draw knife over the last 28 years, my body is 76 but it feels like my hands are pushing 90.

People can be rude. Whether it's an age thing or just the way things are these days, I don't know. BTW, I have the same thing happen on a decoy carving forum.

The smartest thing I ever did was to take a typing class in high school. It really paid off when computers came out.

Well , that sucks . There are some rude f&%k$ and some know it alls that dont know $#!+ on here but the folks that have asked me for help or advice on a trade gun build have always been cordial and each one has thanked me for my time .

Last edited:
my body is 76 but it feels like my hands are pushing 90.

Ya, I feel ya 60ish going on 85 here.

As for your OP I dont blame you. I AT LEAST thank folks for extended help like you described and a gift certificate for a local eatery is often sent. I call a local franchisee for my business in the area and get a few names of great places to eat.

I can't say I blame you for being done. You are plenty generous with your experience and information here on the open forum. Regardless of the time it takes to type an answer, you don't owe anyone anything, like you said, it is all right here in your posts. If people can figure out how to send you a pm they can figure out how to pull up just your posts and topics.

That said, have you tried a speech to text app? Not so much so you can answer pm questions but it will help you write that book on bow building and volume II on gun building/stocking 😉.
Then when you get those questions by pm you sell them the book 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back