• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Public Apology

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently I sold a ROA to a member od this Forum, It was defective, I did not know this. I bought it site unseen of Gun Broker and them had some shoulder problems so never had a chance to shoot it.
When I became aware of the problem I returned the full purchase price plus $50.00 to cover return postage.

For this I am Truly sorry

Now I have a ROA with a damaged barrel, does anyone know who might be able to replace this barrel?
Would it have any value for parts, as far as I know everything else is ok.

Thanks for any assistance Packrat

Recently I sold a ROA to a member od this Forum, It was defective, I did not know this. I bought it site unseen of Gun Broker and them had some shoulder problems so never had a chance to shoot it.
When I became aware of the problem I returned the full purchase price plus $50.00 to cover return postage.

Now I have a ROA with a damaged barrel, does anyone know who might be able to replace this barrel?

Ratting on yourself is sometimes honorable

Bobby Hoyt might be able to do something for you, wouldn't hurt to ask? Might make an interesting rebarreling project for someone here too. Do a check on Ebay for parts prices, you may be better off breaking it down for parts moneywise. BTW, "You're a good man Charlie Brown"

Last edited:
Have you tried Ruger?
Ruger hasnt made long time. I seriously doubt they have a fresh barrel. And manufacturers rarely repair. Usually too busy cranking out new product.
Define bad barrel. It can be drilled smooth and re-refiled. Just like boring an engine. Then youd have a weird spec ROA that only going to appeal to a small market.
Start with what is wrong with the barrel. Is the inside junk or cosmetics on the outside?

Maybe you could do this:
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/a-little-different-roa.152257/

The only issue that I am aware of is the barrel, looks to have been fired with some kind of obstruction . I just received it back from the person that i sold it to, have not had a chance to contact Ruger
Action appears fine, cylinder rotates as it should. locks up, trigger works fine I see no other problems and in my opinion, I'm not a gunsmith, I would think nothing of loading it and shooting it now, accuracy, maybe it would go all catty but the barrel is in shootable condition

Ruger hasnt made long time. I seriously doubt they have a fresh barrel. And manufacturers rarely repair. Usually too busy cranking out new product.
Define bad barrel. It can be drilled smooth and re-refiled. Just like boring an engine. Then youd have a weird spec ROA that only going to appeal to a small market.
Start with what is wrong with the barrel. Is the inside junk or cos metics on the outside?

Start with what is wrong with the barrel. Is the inside junk or cosmetics on the outside?
Capt. Vane,
You are correct, they provide no parts or service for that ROA. As far as manufacturers rarely repairing, I have an unmentionable at Wby right now getting a new barrel and Rugers website does list services such as rebarreling, refinishing, and repair just not on the older models.

Back