• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Price of shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Man I was shocked at the price of bird shot Gmtn has for like 45.00 a local shop has for 36.00 abag he told me the price may even be higher till he get's to his supplier

I my self havnt bought a bag of shot for awhile like 15 yrs just had a bunch of it and of course the pheasant pop sucks around here didnt really have need to get any. This is real bad man, a poor man wont be able to do anything after awhile :(

I wonder why so cheap, there in WV? It is somewhere around twice that price at "The Grand" right now. That is usually about the cheapest place to buy it, since there is so much competition in sales there. Last year, I bought a bunch of it at $18.00 a bag and thought I was getting ripped off.

check the scrap metal yards , thats where I bought all of my shot . I got most of it for half the store price . Don't wait too long to buy it they will get wise to the retail prices .

OHHH yea baby! 3 years ago I was selling shot for $12.00 bg and that included sales tax.
Last bag sold was $32.00----the states are reaping big bucks on sales taxes with all te inflated prices on goods.

Spoke with a fella who works in a tire shop the other day. He purcahsed a shot maker and is using the wheel weights. At 30.00 + per 25lb/bag it pays to do this if ya have the time.

bp junky said:
check the scrap metal yards , thats where I bought all of my shot . I got most of it for half the store price . Don't wait too long to buy it they will get wise to the retail prices.
Scrap metal yards...for bags of discarded birdshot?

there is a scrap metal yard 4 miles from me but they said they don't handle lead? :surrender: :surrender:

I've called a few around here, and after finally getting the phone in the hands of somebody who knew if they had any lead or not, when I specifically asked if by chance anybody might have dropped off any lead shot, bird shot for use in shotguns, I got polite replies that no, they did not...and said with sort of a tone of "get back in your recliner and start taking your meds again"
:rotf:

rubincam said:
there is a scrap metal yard 4 miles from me but they said they don't handle lead? :surrender: :surrender:
Classified as a hazardous material these days....DANGER DANGER DANGER :haha:

Shot Maker?????? I need information concerning this item. I have never heard of one. I got a 5 gal. bucket of wheel weights now. I have heard that wheel weights make a pretty hard ball. Its ok to practice with but too hard to hunt with. Just won't expand like pure lead. Might be good to make shot with as they might not deform and would throw a good pattern.

Draw a fine bead on em son!!! Bobby

Back