• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder disposal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cephus

32 Cal
Reaction score
What should one so with 5lbs of black powder if one quit shooting black powder.

Andy

By all means give it to someone or a club. If you can't find anyone spread it in your flower beds. It's a great fertilizer and the first rain will take care of it if the dew doesn't.

black powder sells for $25.00 lb. 'round here . Rather expensive fertilizer. Be generous to someone ,just give it to some black powder shooting person who could really use it. oldwood

"Fire the anvil" like they used to do on the 4th of July...
Seriously, though, I like the suggestion of finding someone that can use it for what it was intended for.
Joe

What should one so with 5lbs of black powder if one quit shooting black powder.

Andy
Like other said, give it away to another shooter or sell it at a fair price below market, Post here where your at and wait for the PMs to come in from here contacting you about it ! Your profile doesnt show where your at.

Any muzzleloader shooter will greatly appreciate a gift of 5 lbs of black powder; I know I would.

I also like the idea of giving it to another black powder shooter but if that isn't possible, sprinkle the powder around on the ground and then throughly soak the area with water.
The water will dissolve part of the powder leaving charcoal and sulfur behind. Neither of these things will explode and all three of the ingredients in the powder is good for the grass.

Latest posts

Back