• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help Identifying item/part

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greeting!

Picked up a lot of black powder parts and have no idea what this is. Only marked TC 50:

20240305_164801.jpg
20240305_164847.jpg

Thanks,

Brian

I had something somewhat similar in design. It was designed to drop a round ball in and cinch it down and it was supposed to make a close to perfect round ball. Basically after you cast the ball in a mold, you smushed it the tool and it was supposed to perfect it, and removed the sprew and all. I found it to be useless and not sure where it might be, literally the ball got stuck in it often.
Or it could be a ball holder and when you press the button it releases a round ball in this case a 50 cal ball.

Last edited:
Greeting!

Picked up a lot of black powder parts and have no idea what this is. Only marked TC 50:

View attachment 301319View attachment 301320

Thanks,

Brian
Out of curiosity I've been searching the Internet for any similar items of this description. Haven't found a perfect match, but it is similar, particularly the end you have shown, to old brass puematic valves. If the other end that's threaded has a hole in it I'd say that's what it is. Don't think it's muzzleloader related.

First - thanks everyone for participating on the quest! I love this community and the support.

With help of padded pliers I was finally able to turn that screw. Opened it up and it appears to be lube of some type.
Continued to work with a large punch and hammer, and that brass cylinder I was able to free up. The fact it is convex led me to believe it had to do with the top of round nose or round ball. Now when you turn the big screw the lube come out in that recess.

Certainly an interesting single conical lubing contraption. Guessing for a TC Maxiball

Sam Squanch seems to be right on with this.

Attachments

• 20240307_150951.jpg
    20240307_150951.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240307_150933.jpg
    20240307_150933.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I believe conclusion it's a luber of some sort is correct, but it's not like the T/C lubers I've seen in the wild. So, I went to dig through my old T/C catalogs 5, 8, 11, 18 and 25. Catalog 18 has the more common T/C luber, but nothing before 18 in my collection. I would be interested to learn more about it.

20240307_185053.jpg

Back