• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta History (some what)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm speaking to a physician, investment advisor, funeral director, human resources dep't. (that's 'personnel' to you older dudes), court officer, book editor, banker, etc., etc., they will be speaking properly. Just sayin', dudes.
Good thing I don't have to talk to those up-tight, humorless, straight-laced types. I could, but rather not. All of those mentioned don't fit the relaxed confines of my group.

Wasn't it Ben Franklin that said "I don't trust a person who can't spell something at least two different ways!" (not a direct quote)

I figure, as long as the idea communicates, it's good enough. Now look at how Lawyers talk (and they use proper English) - any of their stuff make any sense?

If I'm speaking to a physician, investment advisor, funeral director, human resources dep't. (that's 'personnel' to you older dudes), court officer, book editor, banker, etc., etc., they will be speaking properly. Just sayin', dudes.
This is about the BS that you posted without knowing a thing about what you were talking about, mostly irresponsibly since it was related to the safety of our fellow shooter. Ultimately, how you or others speak or write is irrelevant, but I still care about safety, Grow up if you want to be among men, admit you made a mistake and go on! People will respect you for that.

Here is an "EXPERT" one of several I have found. Lend an "EAR" from 3:30 into video onwards.

In his video, Blackie, who I would at best, loosely call an expert, talks about brass frame guns stretching and becoming unreliable, not dangerous or having ‘exploding cylinders/barrels’ as you state in your OP (that doesn’t mention brass frames). And brass frames stretching is a well covered topic on this and others forums, so not a news flash. He also specifically states that the brass frames revolvers use the same steel cylinders and barrels as the steel guns. Would think with five months since your OP to go do some research, you would have come with something better than a Red Herring argument if you were going to respond at all.

From your OP.
However running real loads would often end in exploding cylinders/barrels.

I’ve seen mentioned somewhere the brass frame doesn’t actually stretch as much as the recoils shield gets hammered by recoil from the cylinder and thus opens the cylinder cap.

I really like Blackie's videos, I think I've seen most of them. As stated, this video has absolutely nothing to do with the original post.

I have seen some truly abysmal repro c&r revolvers, so they are out there. Think barrel contours that look like they were roughed out by Luigi with a bastard file on a Friday afternoon, with zero finishing after that. They are, however, most assuredly not Pietta, or Uberti. And even those rough ones were likely safe when new, even though by the time I saw them the springs were broken and they probably didn’t time well any more.

Latest posts

Back