• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta Buntline

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered one of these things, Taylor's has the steel frame version but I already have 2 7.5" .44 Brassers and I felt like this would go with them nicely. If I love this one I'll probably get the steel frame version

It looks like something weird that will be fun at the range . I wish the stocks were still available

20221111_012324.jpg

I hope that since Pietta is shipping the brass and steel frame versions of the 12" Navy, they will make the stock again too.

Stocks for the Buffalo and the Colts are unobtanium.

Realistically, these should be also sold as a set with the stock, but the stock costs more than the gun.

These don't have the stock attachment on the butt, I guess Pietta just totally gave up on making the stocks.

It balances pretty well , it doesn't even need a stock

20221112_013806.jpg

I had a sling I bought for a Hawken laying around, that I didn't like on the rifle so I threw it on to make a "soft stock" that I can loop over my right shoulder and pull tight to stabilize the gun. It's easy to take off if I don't like it.

20221112_012502.jpg

With a Walker for reference. The 12" barrel is basically a range novelty especially in a Brasser, since 20 grain charges and a 12" barrel still won't reach out or perform as well as 40 or 50 grains through a 9" barrel but it still seems fun.

20221112_012549.jpg

Back