• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

My pair of Pietta Midway Frankenbrassers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of the $230 .44 Brassers from MidWay , they used the Dance & Bros cylinder and what looks like parts bin brass frames .

20230217_013626.jpg

The actions are ok, lockup and timing are good, I need to clean the oil off.

The black grips are trash. They don't even fit, and flop around inside the grip frame.

I never planned to use these grips anyway, and may flip flop the woods from another pair of .36 brassers or fit the fake Pearl grips from the "get a grip on it" guy. It doesn't matter too much either way . The pearl grips might give them a cool and different look.

For the H/C nerds like me = The guns themselves are probably accidental repros of the "possible and probable " .44 prototypes that Schneider & Glassick made before deciding it was more profitable to stay with the .36's the CS Govt wanted

Nearly every Confederate contract revolver maker played around with a .44 but probably no more than 1 prototype to show the Govt, and the prototype(s) were probably then broken down and turned into .36's , and were lost to history.

Latest posts

Back