• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion caps #10s and #11s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found these in stock somewhere but it appears that they want nearly 50 bucks for a mere 250 caps. I'm not down to that bad yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230625-144108.png
    Screenshot_20230625-144108.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 0
Thats at Powder Valley. I got that in an email last week. Time you hang freight and hazmat its no thanks for me
The good thing about powder valley is the no minimum order on powder and the $20 hazmat fee. You can just buy a pound if you want but I'm going to get a couple.

Also good news. I watched a video that seemed pretty legit at one of the gun shows where CCI officials were present.

It said that sometime in this month ( June) they are going to resume production of the CCI number 11s and a small amount of number 10s. So they should have been going in to production since it's already close to July and they said they'll be in stores in the next couple of months. Hopefully we will see some this month.

But it also said they do not manufacture percussion caps all the time. They have to shut down and retool a production line. Of course percussion caps are but a tiny portion of their overall profits but it said that the officials are aware of the large demand for them and are answering the call.

Hopefully this is true. All powder and no caps makes for a sad day

The good thing about powder valley is the no minimum order on powder and the $20 hazmat fee. You can just buy a pound if you want but I'm going to get a couple.

Also good news. I watched a video that seemed pretty legit at one of the gun shows where CCI officials were present.

It said that sometime in this month ( June) they are going to resume production of the CCI number 11s and a small amount of number 10s. So they should have been going in to production since it's already close to July and they said they'll be in stores in the next couple of months. Hopefully we will see some this month.

But it also said they do not manufacture percussion caps all the time. They have to shut down and retool a production line. Of course percussion caps are but a tiny portion of their overall profits but it said that the officials are aware of the large demand for them and are answering the call.

Hopefully this is true. All powder and no caps makes for a sad day
Powder Valley is a good place I have no problem with them. I have ordered many times from them. But Im good on caps for now and I dont need to buy any at that price. I know there good caps but not worth that much to me

Powder Valley is a good place I have no problem with them. I have ordered many times from them. But Im good on caps for now and I dont need to buy any at that price. I know there good caps but not worth that much to me
I'm still sitting on 400 so I'm not paying that elevated price unless I'm just out. Firing about maybe 40 shots a year I can afford to wait

Bought a can of 11's from Bass Pro online for $14.00 delivered to the store. Might check them out. This was five days ago.

I'm still sitting on 400 so I'm not paying that elevated price unless I'm just out. Firing about maybe 40 shots a year I can afford to wait
I go through that many in a day at the range with a rifle. A lot more if I take my ROA. Kinda glad the flintlock bug bit me before the shortage hit. ;)

Last edited:
I go through that many in a day at the range with a rifle. A lot more if I take my ROA. Kinda glad the flintlock bug bit me before the shortage hit. ;)
Amazingly I found a pack of 100 Remington tens at the local gun store today. I went ahead and bought them even though I have replaced my stock nipples on my 1858 with the slix shots. Number 11 fit the stock nipples loosely but they fit the slix shots just fine. So if anything I might have to reinstall the stock nipples to use them but it's nice to know I can use them somehow.

Boy do I feel like a dummy. After ordering on-line and way overpaying, I went to the only sporting goods store in Monticello. They had CCI 10 and 11, and Remington 10 and 11. I picked up 5 packs of CCI No.10 for 7.99 each. I asked the kid have you had any trouble?
He said not really, just people not liking the higher prices. I think they ranged from 7.99 to 13.99 with some at 11.99.

Hopefully with #11 caps starting to show up in Walmart's across the country it will help a lot of people AND force the stores that are gouging to lower their prices.

Latest posts

Back