• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where we can get #11 percussion caps. I can't find them anywhere. Oh, and BTW, I did get scammed by that "Midwest Reloads". Shoulda been a member of this forum first.
I just bought a cap maker from 22 Reloader and they are very easy to make and seem to be working great. Die/Punch initially costs $48, but materials to make priming compound will bring cost per cap down to @$0.015 each.

I shoot flintlocks primarily but do use caps occasionally, I might check to see if I can find some before I run out. :p

Caps2.jpg

Caps1.jpg

The smaller gun shops I deal with that carry reloading stuff have them though its intermittent.

A brick of 1000 is not a bad thing, I go through PC faster than primers for some reason (maybe 3 revolvers and two spare cylinders adds up to more than I thought!)

I prefer CCI but some days its been all Remington so that is what I get.

For anyone close to Kentucky Gun Company in Louisville and Bardstown they have both CCI #11 caps in stock for Standard $9.99 and Magnum $10.99. This is less than the $12.99 they were getting a few months ago. They have always had plenty in stock when I have been there. It was encouraging to see the price go down some. I was fortunate to get enough to last me a while when Walmart had them for $5.62 but you had to be quick and visit several stores that carried black powder supplies as not all of them did.

Last edited:
For anyone close to Kentucky Gun Company in Louisville and Bardstown they have both CCI #11 caps in stock for Standard $9.99 and Magnum $10.99. This is less than the $12.99 they were getting a few months ago. They have always had plenty in stock when I have been there. It was encouraging to see the price go down some. I was fortunate to get enough to last me a while when Walmart had them for $5.62 but you had to be quick and visit several stores that carried black powder supplies as not all of them did.
And that’s how fast they go, just checked, they out of stock.

And that’s how fast they go, just checked, they out of stock.
Their web sight at Ky Gun shows in stock both locations for instore purchase only. I was there a few weeks ago and they were instock then. I guess Walmart will be out till next hunting season.

Last edited:
Their web sight at Ky Gun shows in stock both locations for instore purchase only. I was there a few weeks ago and they were instock then. I guess Walmart will be out till next hunting season.
Aint this weird, you’re right, when i looked yesterday it showed red x next to both stores. Today shows green check. I don’t know, maybe cause yesterday was Sunday and store closed. I can’t explain it.
In store purchase only, dam, its like half price steak at the bar but eat in only.

Last edited:
Aint this weird, you’re right, when i looked yesterday it showed red x next to both stores. Today shows green check. I don’t know, maybe cause yesterday was Sunday and store closed. I can’t explain it.
In store purchase only, dam, its like half price steak at the bar but eat in only.
The Bardstown store also carries Swiss, Schuetzen and sometimes Goex black powder as they are the one with the proper storage facility. I usually get Schuetzen as it is $26.99 and Swiss has gone up to $39.99 now from $32.99 the last time I bought some. I am not far away so I go there to stock up and save the haze mat cost from ordering at the online vendors. Just posting to let folks close enough to make a visit know they are usually instock. If you call first they will have the powder ready when you get there as they keep it in a special storage building not in the showroom store. The website is normaly correct about instock but may sellout before you get there so they encourage you to call first.

Remington would have been out of ops for a while during their bankruptcy and divestiture or split up and out however that is phrased. That would have been a huge crimp (pun) on the market.

As an oddity, I got some Gold Foil rem PC a month ago. I did not know what I was looking at but I gather they are far from new as the latest is back to Green Material.

Was Vista cleaning our warehouses and found them? Not a clue but its pretty odd. I was getting CCI 11s but have not seen them for a bit. The ASP is not happy with CCI (most won't fire) but likes the Rems of either Gold/Green cap material.

I just picked up 2k RWS Pluss from Powder valley. $346.86 I find with T7 I need plus or magnum to get fast ignition in my side hammer pistols. I get good fast ignition with standard caps in my revolvers.

Latest posts

Back