• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion caps #10s and #11s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found some caps and only a four hour drive..........each way.
They have both cci # 11 and #11 magnum in stock.
Will the magnums fit a Pietta new army stock nipples same as the regular #11?

Scheels in missoula,Mt. has them in stock I saw at least 30 cases on display.
9.99 A 100 or 99.99 for a 1000 no shipping in-store pickup only sadly.
Cci #11s and magnums.

They fall right off.........zero friction.
Slixxshots next I reckon.
I have some slixshots, they are a decent option, I have literally bought all of them honestly... but for me, my choice is Treso nipples from the possible shop. They have the smallest flash hole so hammer blowback is a non issue with them. Maybe ignition "could" be an issue with subs? I don't know. I'm a real black powder snob. It's always available online and many options to
choose from.
Left to right
Treso, TOTW, Ubert, Slixshot

Attachments

• 20230312_162604.jpg
    20230312_162604.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 0
WHY do folks double up when using the cap maker? have one and have yet to try it. Also I read something about chucking it in a drill pres? Photos maybe??

Thanks guys

Ive been purchasing powder amd caps from Jon For years hes a little grumpy but gets you your order Fast!!
Thats FUNNY! I first thought he just didnt like me. He is often an intense conversation and will allow you to review his opinion on stuff for free most the time, (totally unsollicitated). I have never bought powder any where else.

Single layer pop cans make for weak and easily fragmenting cups. This can maybe be ok in a side lock rifle as its not hard to deal with. It's trouble for revolvers though. That will cause a lot of cap jams and ruin your day. Double layer is much tougher and gives you less trouble. I think they also punch out cleaner too. A drill press mounting isn't that hard to do. That will really speed up production and the effort is easy.

Single layer pop cans make for weak and easily fragmenting cups. This can maybe be ok in a side lock rifle as its not hard to deal with. It's trouble for revolvers though. That will cause a lot of cap jams and ruin your day. Double layer is much tougher and gives you less trouble. I think they also punch out cleaner too. A drill press mounting isn't that hard to do. That will really speed up production and the effort is easy.
If anybody can post a photo of the cap maker in the press I would love to see it!

Go to prime-all.com make your own but you need to add 1 ounce of duco glue to 10 ounces of acetone it make the primer powder hard will not crumble and fall out and they still fire the same but only use the duco glue nothing else will work and make sure after you make them and use them clean your gun really well they are real corrosive

Back