• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Penny For Your Thoughts? Pawn Shop Find.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for chiming in, guys. A Kibler is definitely in my future, but as someone who works full-time and has four kids under the age of six, my free time is incredibly limited. Maybe a winter project.

You’ve both given me something to think about.

I noticed that in order to cock the gun the set/rear trigger must be pulled first. Do you believe it was made to function in this way or is it more likely that something is broke/needs adjustment?
That is not the way set triggers supposed to work.

nicely done. But.
as with many the builder was shy about removing wood. I am the worst offender but i am trying. put that rifle next to one built by say, Dave Person and it will look like its a serving wench at october fest. nice looking but full bodied.
NOT referring to Bruces build..
And whats wrong with Full Bodied Wenches serving beer at October fest?

I’m currently working out of town and just came across this guy at a pawn shop on in the area. It’s labeled a “Tennessee Long Rifle” and has a price tag of $1,295. I thought about making an offer, but apparently it’s a consignment item and the seller is firm on the price. It’s chambered in .45, has an excellent bore, and some nice accoutrements… although I was more than a little surprised to see the ramrod unfinished and lacking any hardware (it’s just bare doweling).

I’m in the market for another flintlock, and you rarely see them around these parts, but I was wondering how you all felt regarding its price? Does $1,275 seem reasonable to you? I recently purchased a Bruce Hamlin flintlock (also in .45) for $1,400 that seems to be leaps and bounds better in terms of fit and finish.

View attachment 307537View attachment 307538View attachment 307539View attachment 307540View attachment 307541
View attachment 307535
It's not bad, but the price is too high. Second hand guns simply don't bring as much as new ones. I'd price it at 895 tops, that's just me.

That trigger might be used as a haggling point; unsafe if the trigger is set to a light touch.
Probably correctable/adjustable.

I agree that it’s several hundred $ high, especially for a pawn shop,around here at least.

What is that inflated in the right of the buttstock, where a patch box might be? A grease hole? It looks a bit like a slice of soup bone to me (phone screen). Another haggling point, in my view.

Let it mellow. At a better price, it could be attractive. .45’s a versatile caliber.

nicely done. But.
as with many the builder was shy about removing wood. I am the worst offender but i am trying. put that rifle next to one built by say, Dave Person and it will look like its a serving wench at october fest. nice looking but full bodied.
NOT referring to Bruces build..
And what is wrong with Octoberfest serving wenches? Happy to take all spare…..

Back