• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Scout Finally Done!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadriver

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hey guys, well turned out ok I think. There was a few complications getting it back together. Now I get to shoot it tomorrow. Sorry, the lighting sucks.
CA23619E-AF26-49BC-9279-B105C433EE7B.jpeg
2F2C3D5B-77DC-4586-9CE3-D1B67EE93DE1.jpeg
C5B4D9C7-2BFC-4679-9168-476C06A7CA4B.jpeg
6BAA27CE-706E-4CE8-88CA-20B68FC94D6F.jpeg
CA72BCEA-D6E8-4B0A-8388-AF23022FBC1D.jpeg
F1178C8F-AA80-49B0-8442-8CAD3B49E8A8.jpeg
C9B5AB4D-C5CA-4465-BB1F-076869C48CDF.jpeg
1B208E66-C0A4-4F2C-9F68-F9D252811E5B.jpeg

It look a lot more work than I thought. I draw filed and polished the barrel, chiseled and sanded the stock adding 15 coats of tru oil then used there conditioner and wax. The rear butt plate was shaped completely by hand with a file the sand paper. The one I got was a real rough casting, so it involved alot of file work and some polishing. Also had to turn down the drum shoulder to align the nipple and hammer anvil. Took about 4 weeks and 60 hours to do this one.

It looks 100 times better in person than in the pics. The lighting sucks in my house.
I will say this has one of the best barrels I have seen in awhile from my borescope. No tooling marks and looks very smooth. I only found 2 small imperfections in the grooves that were very small. Should be a shooter, hopefully. I can’t wait to get the hammer screw to get rid of that hideous screw I put in. It’s only there so I can get it shot it and ready for hunting.

You've made a very lovely piece - product of hard work.
Pedersoli has some very accurate rifle barrels - first one I shot many years ago, I sighted it in at 100 yards. As I didn't have a table, I shot prone. the first three shots made a cloverleaf about 1/2" left of target center. And no, didn't need to move the sights at all. <1 moa at 100 yards is fantastic for a muzzle loader!
Get you some black paint, and a very small brush, and touch up that awful cock screw. That should keep it until you get the replacement.

Hey guys, well turned out ok I think. There was a few complications getting it back together. Now I get to shoot it tomorrow. Sorry, the lighting sucks.
View attachment 104932View attachment 104933View attachment 104934View attachment 104935View attachment 104936View attachment 104939View attachment 104937View attachment 104938
Beautiful job! I'm guessing the complication had something to do with that Phillips head screw in the hammer? Tidy that up and it'll be perfect. How'd it shoot? I have a Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock, shoots great right out of the box.
Great pictures BTW
Neil

Beautiful job! I'm guessing the complication had something to do with that Phillips head screw in the hammer? Tidy that up and it'll be perfect. How'd it shoot? I have a Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock, shoots great right out of the box.
Great pictures BTW
Neil

Yea the hammer screw and I took out a small chip from one of the pins at the very end of the barrel. Don’t know how I cleaned out all the pin holes before I drifted them back in. Maybe a small piece of hardened tru oil or slightly bent pin. It’s a very small chip can’t hardly see it but still made me sick. Heading out to the range here in an hour or so, hope she is a shooter!!!

Back