• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli KY flint - sow's ear/silk purse?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice: Sell this pistol to someone who has no problem with these guns on here.
Use the money to get a gun put together with quality parts. What do you save when you constantly have to send parts in to get them reworked?
I shoot a 270+ year old flintlock rifle. Goes off every time. No patent breech, no problems.

And the winner is... Silk Purse!

I've mulled it over. This pistol can be redeemed. I rescue stray dogs and orphan guns, time to do it again.

The gap between pan and barrel where my prime drops into the action: I liked the idea of the easy fix, but I suppose inletting the lock deeper is the right way to do it. It isn't a skill I intended to learn - yet, but I guess it's time. I'm sure there will be some complications deepening the inletting that much but that's not insurmountable and I'm not allergic to epoxy.

The lock, i.e. brief flint life and hard trigger pull: Lighten this spring, lighten that spring, maybe stretch or reshape the cock... I have had referrals of a couple of prime candidates to tune/rework the lock and I expect to be hiring someone to do that. If I was retired, if I had another pistol to shoot in the meantime, if I had my shop set up, blah, blah, blah... I'm going to hire an expert. Does anyone else have a referral of a locksmith to tune/rework a Pedersoli flint pistol lock?

And then there's the patent breech (#@&%!"

Thank you Richard!

I called but, unfortunately, his reply was: "Not advised" "I don't really know, I'm not a gunsmith."

So, again my plaintive call: Has anyone successfully removed and replaced a Pedersoli patent breech? How hard is it to get the vent liner threads to line up properly again?

Normally Richard is more helpful.

Check your mail and if that does not work, call and ask for the Gunsmith at Taylor's, he is a nice guy.

Latest posts

Back