• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small world. I was just drooling over a picture of one this morning. If they shoot as good as they look they should be something. I hope someone out there has one to let you know.

Mountainman56 said:
If they shoot as good as they look they should be something.

I got one.
If the stuff behind the stock is good enough you´ll get hole-in-hole groups. :wink:
We´ve already had some topics on the rocky mountain, maybe the search function will help you finding these older topics.
Here´s an - also not new pic of mine - and a target shot standing free at a 50m-distance with .54 maxiballs.
DPHawken1.jpg

Meanwhile I sometimes get it even better, with both maxis and patched roundballs - by the way with the same load: 65grs :grin:

Saw one at Shooters Choice in Waterloo and they may still have it. Looked really good.

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/beckacoleman/

There are some pics here of mine, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet cause I'm here (Iraq) and it's there (US) but it sure is pretty and I've heard good things which prompted me to get one. The wife's Pedersoli .50 cal PA flinter kit is pictured too. Ordered mine online through Cabela's but since you are in Canada I'm not sure how that would work. Not up to snuff on Canadian firearm and postal laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may not be the place, But I don't care.
GOD BLESS, STAY SAFE, AND THANKS. I want to know how it shoots as soon as you can get home. :thumbsup:

Why shouldn´t this be the place?
Stay well Jimmy! :thumbsup: Looking forward to hear your range report about your DP Rocky Mountain.
Feel free to start a private topic whenever you wanna have a "Rocky-Mountain-talk".

I found another pic on my mobile from one of my latest range sessions.
The lower one is my fault. :redface:
The hole which is in the center and just a bit right are two shots :shocked2: - that´s the accuracy the gun brings.
I corrected a little by aiming a bit more left and this is the result. All as usual standing free at 50 meters.
Bild013.jpg

Have no fear I will be eager to shoot it and post results sometime around late jan early feb when I get R&R. I have a question though, trying to help the wife out when she is picking up cleaning stuff. What are the threads on the ramrods? Are they some crazy metric measurement or are they an american measurement?

Stupid slow internet over here mess me up, sorry for the double post.

Jimmy82 said:
Stupid slow internet over here mess me up, sorry for the double post.

No problem. And stupid slow is better than none.
I´ll have to spend a few months next year at one of our airports here - I´m border-policeman and the airports manning level is always low.
I bet I´ll have no internet in my luxury-room they´ll give me to sleep over. :haha:

Well and metric or none?
I must confess I´ll never used the original ramrod. Those pedersoli ramrods that come with the gun usually are weak IMHO. I would consider a good rangerod or one of those unbreakable replacement rods.
I´ll try to find it out for you...
If I had to guess: metric.

Adding my thanks and best wishes for a safe return.

I have a Pedersoli db percussion shotgun. The threads on the ramrod are 8-32. The wood stain matches the stock, so I presume it's original (got the gun at an auction).

I strongly agree with romeoh - get a good composite range rod and leave the Pedersoli rod in the gun. You don't want to have to deal with a tight patch in a fouled barrel with that rod.

max said:
Saw one at Shooters Choice in Waterloo and they may still have it. Looked really good.

That's the only place in Ontario (that I know of) where I could see one. Might have to find an excuse to get there. :hmm:

Jimmy... wising you and your fellow soldiers a safe return!

I have to agree with BILLYGOAT 100%. This IS the place. People like Jimmy82 are the reason we have the ability to use this internet and play with our weapons in this country. I spent 17 mths. in Panama Canal Zone, 12 mths. in VietNam, and came back to a country where most people would just as soon spit on me or kick my kiester for being a serviceman. To top it off 6 1/2 years as a city cop, when we were called "PIGS" to our faces, and generally looked on as less than second class citizens by most of the people we served or dealt with.
Bitter? A little, buy very happy that we have people like Jimmy82 still willing to face an elusive and evil enemy, and grateful that Americans are finally giving them the respect and credit they are due. Enough of my rant. All my time in the service I dreamed of when I could shoot and hunt again, and hope Jimmy82 and his wife have at least as many years to enjoy their guns and each other's company as I have had to enjoy mine.
Thumbkid

As said on here weve kicked this one around for about a year waiting for it to come out so a back search should keep ya in reading long time. ( Most will be about the price) But like all Peds they will shoot really good if you find that one load it likes ( I got a few Ped's)I dont remember but I thought this is one of the few non cut rifleing rifles that should of been. JIMMY82 along with what the others said Stay Safe. Fred :hatsoff:

Jimmy82 said:
What are the threads on the ramrods? Are they some crazy metric measurement or are they an american measurement?

Here I am again.
Took a little while, but I didn´t forget ya.
I´ve been on a preparation-training for my airport-time.
The threads on mine are metric. So I think your´s will be too. I can hardly imagine they are using different ones for the US-market than for our european market where I got mine.

By the way, been on the range with it yesterday. It´s just a good accurate shooter. :thumbsup: A pleasure to me everytime I take it out with me.
Give a 65grs-load a try. It worked with every bullet I tried so far - .530; .535 and maxis.
Hole-in-hole - groups. :v

Thanks a bunch :hatsoff: time is slowly ticking down, can't wait to get home and burn some powder. :v

They shoot as good as they look.

Mine was in the first shipment to the U.S. My only regret, is not spending the extra money for the maple stock.

RDE

Back